HI, i am Rock Player from Latvia, and i was thing about buying tube amp, so i was thinking about PEAVEY VALVE KING 112, its 50w tube amp and its like 650$. Maybe u have any coments about it, or you can suggest me some better version of amp?
Thanks.
Its a good amp for the price and its good for rock. Very versatile. I like mine.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
It's like $400 Brah (New, used you can probably get for like $250). It's like one of the cheapest 50w tube amps and it's alright at best. If you have a little higher budget theres a bunch of other better amps.

And for the $600 you thought it was, theres some sweet amps you can get for 600.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
He's in Latvia, prices will be different and may not be in US dollars.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Can you use eBay in Latvia?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
It's like $400 Brah (New, used you can probably get for like $250). It's like one of the cheapest 50w tube amps and it's alright at best. If you have a little higher budget theres a bunch of other better amps.

And for the $600 you thought it was, theres some sweet amps you can get for 600.

not if you have a Maxon OD-808 Overdriver as a Booster, its good, you can also later on change the tubes and the speaker or speakers, it is capable of good cleans, and pretty good overdrive to Metallica sound, just needs booster pedal for more modern stuff, and it takes that really well.
Quote by xWhitechapelx
not if you have a Maxon OD-808 Overdriver as a Booster, its good, you can also later on change the tubes and the speaker or speakers

True, I shouldn't be saying what I said, considering I've never tried modding mine. But I think the hastle with buying new tubes new speaker and a pedal to make it better you could have already gotten a step up from the VK.

Quote by tr3nt
True, I shouldn't be saying what I said, considering I've never tried modding mine. But I think the hastle with buying new tubes new speaker and a pedal to make it better you could have already gotten a step up from the VK.

^ all that isn't terribly expensive or much trouble, that makes it way way better, you can get Pro Quality Sound out that way, only on the VK 112 though, the 212 wouldn't be worth it as you could go 5150 or 6505, if you buy 600 dolalr amp and many speakers and tubes it cost you about same to get 5150 or 6505 amp
Really nice amp. I tried it at guitar center really good..Nice yummy crunchy with a nice overdriven distortion sound . really superb for its money and quality. You should get it
A Modded Valveking can be as good as a 5150. People say it doesn't have the gain, it's simply the speaker that doesn't hold up.
when i played the valveking it sounded only slightly better than a cube 30.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
When I noodled around with the VK, I thought it was very flat sounding, kind of generic in a lot of ways. This a both good and bad. It's bad because despite it's virtues it really isn't an amazing sounding amp. It's good because flat sounding amps generally respond to pedals phenomenally well. For the money it's an outstanding deal and if shopping in that price range I would seriously consider one.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM