Say I bought an Ibanez with an OFR. I hear that detuning is really annoying with an OFR, so I'm wondering...would it be a hassle to tune between standard and half-step down? Because I rarely ever play in anything lower than half-step. Just a concern, 'cause I'd like to be able to play some songs in half-step, and some in standard.
OFR? You mean a double-locking, floating tremolo.

And it's gonna be a major hassle. If you go back and forth between tunings all the time, you're not gonna want any FR-derived trem.
Ibanez with OFR?
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

Well, okay I was told an OFR could fit in place of an Edge III without routing or anything. Say I just got a better Ibanez trem, would it be the same as having a Floyd Rose?
Well, the OFR is well known, because it's considered one of the best tremolos. But if you constantly want to change tunings, a fixed bridge would be a better option.
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

It's irrelevant to your question if you're gonna swap it or not. The setup and tuning processes are the same. But yeah, you should swap it. And again- if you change tunings often, stay with a hardtail. Or just settle on your most used tuning, and then buy another guitar for the other tuning down the road.
You could just tune it a half step down and use a capo...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You could just tune it a half step down and use a capo...

Holy crap, the man has a point...That screws up my most recent plan, for I am now tempted again by that Ibanez...GRRRR.
Detuning with any floating trem is a gigantic pain in the ass, you're much better off with a fixed bridge.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1