Is it possible to hook up a keyboard, through MIDI, into a USB interface, and use the keyboard instead of the piano roll in Fruity Loops?
The Walking Dead
There is a way but Im not sure how to do it , If no one can help you out search on google thats what I do for this type of stuff
Do you mean a real keyboard or computer keyboard ? Either way , yes it's possible.

EDIT : You wouldn't need to use the interface if you used a USB keyboard. Just plug the MIDI keyboard straight into a USB port.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Do you mean a real keyboard or computer keyboard ? Either way , yes it's possible.

EDIT : You wouldn't need to use the interface if you used a USB keyboard. Just plug the MIDI keyboard straight into a USB port.

It's a real keyboard, but the interface we have has a female MIDI so couldn't I just plug it in there? Sorry if this is confusing lol
The Walking Dead
Okay, this is how I hook up my keyboard into FL Studio 7.

You first plug your keyboard into the Midi Interface and then into the computer. Open Fruity Loops and go to "Options" and then "Midi Settings". Under the Midi tab, select your device in the input window and check "enable" directly under the window. Go to the Audio tab and select the "ASIO4ALL" for the output. You then might have to go to the "Show ASIO Panel" and select a different device under the "WDM Device List". You then should be able to hear your keyboard.

Hope this helps.
Quote by thelonelywaffle
It's a real keyboard, but the interface we have has a female MIDI so couldn't I just plug it in there? Sorry if this is confusing lol

Yes, you could. Sorry if I am being retarded here, but is it an actual keyboard with built in sounds, but with MIDI capabilities, or is it a MIDI keyboard controller ?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Yes, you could. Sorry if I am being retarded here, but is it an actual keyboard with built in sounds, but with MIDI capabilities, or is it a MIDI keyboard controller ?

It's an actual keyboard with built in sounds, and MIDI capabilities.
The Walking Dead