I have an Ibanez RG1570 and I have a bit of a problem with the low strings. When I fret the low E above the 12th fret the note vibrates and I can't get a clear note. Even when I fret the 24th fret this is still a problem.

I have tried changing the action, adjusting the truss rod and the intonation and I can't seem to find the problem. Anyone have a good idea to what could cause this?
Last edited by Boz0r at Jan 27, 2008,
I would have said that your frets aren't level and need a little bit of grinding (by a pro that is) but at the 24th fret?!?!?!?!?! Your pick ups aren't too high and fouling the strings are they?

Errrr.....apart from that change your string gauge... which might do something otherwise I'm stumped.... and professional advice should be sought.

Good luck
[
Yeah, the thing about the 24th fret nags me to hell. I can't be the frets, then. The pickups aren't touching the strings, but can they disturb the strings with their magnetic field?
I tried lowering the pickups, but I can't seem to be able to lower the GFS pickups in the bridge and neck slot. I think they're as low as they can be. I got a better sound out of the middle pickup, though

Anyone got any good ideas?
Last edited by Boz0r at Jan 28, 2008,
Did you mean the strings rattle against the frets, or the tone generally sounds mute?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
the pitch vibrates so I can't get a clear note. and it happens on the highest fret so it can't be rattling against the frets.
Hmmm, i wouldnt play around with your truss rod, thats how guitars break lol. The only thing i can think of is the action
Manchester United
Quote by Boz0r
the pitch vibrates so I can't get a clear note. and it happens on the highest fret so it can't be rattling against the frets.

Does it make this sound when played directly through the amp - no effects pedals in the loop?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Yeah, even when it's not plugged in, so it's something with the guitar's hardware.