I just put some new strings on my guitar. They're GHS brand 10s.
I think the old strings were 9s, so the 10s place a bit more force on the guitar than the old strings.

Once I finished stringing it up, I looked at the guitar to see if anything went wrong. Well, the bridge was pulled up considerably more than before (it's a strat-style bridge). Also, the strings are very close to the frets when the string is open AND when I fret down any frets.

So how do I fix these problems? Do I raise the action, adjust the bridge, etc?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Try installing an extra spring at the back of your guitar, i think that will solve your problem.
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

There's threads on this. You need to tighten the springs on the back of the guitar, and maybe add a new one. Do it slow, with 1/4 turns.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
You need to adjust the screw holding the springs inside the tremolo cavity. Make them tighter until the bridge is floating at a good level (or flat it its that type). Then adjust the height of the bridge saddles (the 6 thingys that route the strings on the bridge) to raise the action using a little allen wrench. You made need to readjust the bridge after doing this if you make any big changes.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!