Page 1 of 4
I was wondering, what genre has the most close minded fans? I would have to say either classic rock, punk, or indie. I love punk, but I'll admit I'm a little close minded when it comes to metal and classic rock. What do you guys think?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
As interesting as the topic is, I think this won't go well.

Guys, atleast try not to turn this into a flamefest.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Metal.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Black metal. The general majority of them tend to be extremely elitist and close minded. Anything made after the second wave of black metal, anything with semi-decent production, and anything even the slightest bit "mainstream" is terrible and needs to be eradicated, according to them.

Not all black metal fans are like that of course (like me ).
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Metal/hardcore.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
metal
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
Quote by metal4life592
Black metal. The general majority of them tend to be extremely elitist and close minded. Anything made after the second wave of black metal, anything with semi-decent production, and anything even the slightest bit "mainstream" is terrible and needs to be eradicated, according to them.

Not all black metal fans are like that of course (like me ).

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Yeah, most Death or Black Metal fans
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Metal probz. Maybe classical.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
HardXcore. Or the cheap imitation HardXcore bands that plague where I live.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

screamo

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

probably punk. "this isnt real punk, only the ramones are" "only anti-flag" "no thats ska/thrash, theres no way thats punk only this and that" just pay attention to the forums on the warped tour website and you'll see what i mean
pop/rap.. im a metal fan, but very openminded when it comes to music
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Punk

mainly because there is very little that matches real old school punk in terms of modern "punk" bands
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Indie, hardcore, and punk.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Metal by an outrageously huge margin

EDIT: Let me explain. Quite alot of my mates have needlessly argued with me for getting The Beatles "White Album" for my birthday a few years ago. I said I liked the band, and they said "Why don't you like what a normal 15 year old likes? EWveryone I know is a metallica fan, and so am I. Jesus Christ you don't have to be so ****ing wierd all the time, just go with the flow". This actually hurt in many ways.

I've also drawn a conclusion. Most people who hate electronic music are Metallica fans. And so far I haven't been proved wrong =]
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by chevelletmb
probably punk. "this isnt real punk, only the ramones are" "only anti-flag" "no thats ska/thrash, theres no way thats punk only this and that" just pay attention to the forums on the warped tour website and you'll see what i mean

haha
Anti-Flag are horrible. Look on the UG punk boards, we're all pretty close minded but still the awesomest board on UG. There are exceptions though. Actually the only genres really dislike there are pop rock, metal, and most classic rock.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Jan 27, 2008,
Polka elitists. They'll lynch you for bringing up the thought of playing Enya or Yanni during one of their oopma dance sessions.
Quote by Toker420
I like classic rock and anything else just blows

Exhibit A!

Me, I have no idea. There are close-minded morons in every genre.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Okay, I just came to realise.

Jazz.

Jazz snobs are the most close minded people in the world. I know a jazz snob who asked what my display picture was of.. ...my display picture was the Sgt. Peppers album cover.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
pop/mainstream and probably fans of old 70s~80s pop/romance

but my own opinion, it really depends on how closed minded the listeners are
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by raise_the_dead
There are close-minded morons in every genre.

That sums this thread up.
People who get offended when you say "So-so band sucks" are not very bright because you dissed the band, not the person.

-Prolly Metal or stuff like AX7
Don't cry over spilt milk! Soak it up with you penile sponge!
Quote by Muzikh
Polka elitists. They'll lynch you for bringing up the thought of playing Enya or Yanni during one of their oopma dance sessions.

Hahaha. Thats funny.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Metal. I don't dress metal because I don't want to associate with close-minded Metal fans, as they are strangely attracted to a person wearing a cannibal corpse shirt.

Plus they're smelly.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Those 'rock is just noise' ****s that plague our world and listen to chipmunks saying things to a beat

/mildly hypocritical statement
ohai little sig.
Quote by StreetLight3989
haha
Anti-Flag are horrible. Look on the UG punk boards, we're all pretty close minded but still the awesomest board on UG. There are exceptions though. Actually the only genres really dislike there are pop rock, metal, and most classic rock.

**** off. You knew I was coming to get you then.

Yeah, it's punk fans.
Page 1 of 4