it just really annoys me how people are always calling metallica metal, i mean, theyre a little metal, but now theyre really just hard rock. they used to be metal, but IMO theyre not anymore... a few days ago my science teacher called metallica death metal, and im just like, 'wtf...' is there anyone else who thinks metallica is no longer metal?
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
METALlica.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
James Hetfield was mistaken for a terrorist.

If that aint metal, I don't know what is.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Anybody see the Megadeth connection to all of this? Anywho, yes they are metal because they were a driving force in the 1980's when metal was predominately influencial, now that their credibility is questionable, yes, but I wouldn't say and ban them off the metal circuit just for that.
Quote by myself101
METALlica.

the name doesnt matter, you could have a rap group called "METALlishness", would that make them metal?? i think not
Quote by wonderflap

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Von.
James Hetfield was mistaken for a terrorist.

Did that really happen?

Also, Metallica isn't metal, it's THRASH metal. Get your facts straight.
They were thrash metal, they moved onto straight up heavy metal/hard rock and then vanished from the metal scale.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Who the **** cares?! Just because you don't think they're metal, they still are, and always will be classed as just another metal band.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Did that really happen?

thrash metal is a subgenre of METAL
Quote by wonderflap

Quote by TheChaz

ಠ_ಠ
This thread is not going to go well...
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Because they're metal genre I would presume...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
thrash metal is a subgenre of METAL

Lol. I know that. Was just being a dick about it.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Did that really happen?

Yup. I believe there was an article on UG about it.

I lol'd.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Who cares? It's just a bunch of genre nitpicking. Metallica have songs that sound like metal. Metallica have songs that sound like country. Metallica may have songs that sound like Taiwanese electro funk. Does it matter?

And Metallica is looked upon as trash by most.
They're still metal. Though they haven't produced any thrash metal since 1991. But the stuff after that is metal.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
the name doesnt matter, you could have a rap group called "METALlishness", would that make them metal?? i think not

Well, you asked why people called them metal. I'd say thats the main reason why the general public call them metal.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Damn just shut up TS.

And quit b*tching
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
it just really annoys me how people are always calling metallica metal, i mean, theyre a little metal, but now theyre really just hard rock. they used to be metal, but IMO theyre not anymore... a few days ago my science teacher called metallica death metal, and im just like, 'wtf...' is there anyone else who thinks metallica is no longer metal?

Hard Rock? are you kidding me pal?
And this is the pit... I triple dog dare threadstarter to say this in the metal forum.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space