Hey guys, I wiped my whole computer(partition and all) and I want to install linux. However, my CD drive is broken. Is there any way I can install linux through a flash drive(thumb drive)? Any way thats not too complicated? Thanks!
is there a way: yes

is it too complicated: probably

you can download one of those "linux on a flash drive" distros (I kind of like "not so damn small linux"), install it on the flash drive. Then usually there is some kind of built script for installing it to the harddrive from the flash drive
i wouldnt ask the pit if i were you, id ask a computer guy or something
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
get your disk drive fixed?
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
get your disk drive fixed?

or buy a new one. A full out DVD burner is $30
the easiest way of doing this is pop ur blank HD out and pop it into the PC ur using now...install linux on it then put it back in the original PC...no screwing around with flash drives
^ Yeah pretty much.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by Bair
the easiest way of doing this is pop ur blank HD out and pop it into the PC ur using now...install linux on it then put it back in the original PC...no screwing around with flash drives

+1, or just buy a cheap CD drive.

It's really much easier just to find a way to install from a CD and not a flash drive.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.