I'm looking for suggestions on a new amp to get in my $300 price range. I would like a amp that will sound good with good high gain at fairly low volumes. I want a amp that will continue to inspire my interest to get better. I've only been playing for 9 months I own a Ibanez RG2ex1, Boss DS-1 and a MXR six band eq. Below are amps that I have considered. Thanks!

Randall RX Series RX75R
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX-Series-RX75R-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481147

Peavey Bandit 112
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332

Peavey Valve King Royal 8
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-Royal-8-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481661

Crate V Series V5
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V5-5W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487050
No a ds-1 wouldn't give a very heavy distortion on a 5w tube amp cause its not a high gain distortion. Maybe if you combined it with the bad monkey it would help tho. I would be partial to the palomino v8 out of the 5w tube amps also.
I'd save a little more A Randall rg50tc, lowest range higain tube amp, id go for that, thats only if you can make the wait
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
get a vox bulldog distortion pedal- and a roland cube 60
Quote by fleh
get a vox bulldog distortion pedal- and a roland cube 60

You cant put pedals through a modelling amp, it just sounds ****
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by sirlimecat
I'd save a little more A Randall rg50tc, lowest range higain tube amp, id go for that, thats only if you can make the wait

I didnt know saving "a little more" meant $350 dollars.

Reminds me of some dude on UG who asked a guy to spend "just" $1000 more to get a Mark IV
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
dude... you cant save 300 bucks and expect to get a good metal amp for that much... Keep your cash, attempt to sell your DS-1 and Bad monkey to a worse guitarist, and keep saving untill you have around enough to get a B-52...
Quote by Titans36
What peavy the tube or combo?

Edit:Tube or solid state
tubes can come in combo hence the Peavy Vk 212 exist
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by eggo_boi_15

I beg to differ...if you put a good distortion pedal through a clean channel on a RC60 and just leave its level at about 1.5-2 (not high enough to sound digital) you can get an awesome tone. Worked for me with my RC60 and Boss Metal Core pedal.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by mike.h
I didnt know saving "a little more" meant $350 dollars.

Reminds me of some dude on UG who asked a guy to spend "just" $1000 more to get a Mark IV

Nah means 20 dollars more and hunting a used one
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Thebiz
I beg to differ...if you put a good distortion pedal through a clean channel on a RC60 and just leave its level at about 1.5-2 (not high enough to sound digital) you can get an awesome tone. Worked for me with my RC60 and Boss Metal Core pedal.

hmm, fair enough.

I put a boss turbo distortion through my Roland cube 60, and it sounded like ****.

But i might tiake you advice about having it on a low level, cos i had the pedals level on full
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Okay, so, I've come to this conclusion.

I run my Line 6 POD XTLive through a Peavey Studio Pro 112(through the effects return), and it actually sounds incredible. I use the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier model with the metal zone stomp effect, and now just got into the uniqueness the analog chorus adds. Just a thought.
Honestly I think at low volumes for high gain solid state sounds better. the valveking royal 8 you'll probably end up taking back. The VOX XL series has killer gain.... or a roland cube. With your price range i'd go hybrid or solid state. Tube isn't always better. especially for low volume high gain. I don't care what anyone says. Go try them out and you'll see what im saying. Try out that royal 8 and then try a vox xl. I can almost bet you'll go for that vox. While tube amps are all in all better like I said at low volume high gain you will probably be dissatisfied.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Okay, so, I've come to this conclusion.

I run my Line 6 POD XTLive through a Peavey Studio Pro 112(through the effects return), and it actually sounds incredible. I use the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier model with the metal zone stomp effect, and now just got into the uniqueness the analog chorus adds. Just a thought.

Using any kind of a distortion through an effects loop usually sounds like crap... maybe because its a multi fx it works differen't... idk
Quote by eggo_boi_15
hmm, fair enough.

I put a boss turbo distortion through my Roland cube 60, and it sounded like ****.

But i might tiake you advice about having it on a low level, cos i had the pedals level on full

It's not just the level...your pedal's tone options are fairly limited on SS amps, as anything too high will sound horrid.

But yes...mostly the distortion/gain and the level are what makes the pedals sound digital on many pedals.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by paranormal5150
Using any kind of a distortion through an effects loop usually sounds like crap... maybe because its a multi fx it works differen't... idk

I wasn't sure at first either, but it sounds amazing. Im only using it til my Boogie Roadster arrives though..,.. then I'll be VERY happy
Quote by eggo_boi_15

ah i knew that bout the valvetronix so its the same story with all modeling amps then.