Which do you guys think is better?
LTD mh400nt

or
Washburn x50 pro fe (trans black)

I can't decide because the Washburn was setup far better than the LTD. I really like the look and neck of the LTD, but the harmonics on the washburn were better. (maybe the batteries on the ltd were dying?). Other than that they seem to be fairly similar I just want some opinions before I possibly spend a few hundred more than I really need to.

EDIT: forgot to mention that for today, I can get the Washburn for 750 possibly 700.
Last edited by Manimosity at Jan 27, 2008,
Haven't played the Washburn, but I've heard great things. See if you can find a place to play them side by side and have them both in good working condition, and make sure you're playing them both on the same amp.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Mh-400 Ftw.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Manimosity
Which do you guys think is better?
LTD mh400nt

or
Washburn x50 pro fe (trans black)

I can't decide because the Washburn was setup far better than the LTD. I really like the look and neck of the LTD, but the harmonics on the washburn were better. (maybe the batteries on the ltd were dying?). Other than that they seem to be fairly similar I just want some opinions before I possibly spend a few hundred more than I really need to.

The Washburn is a very good guitar. Better than the LTD. But, it is very pricey. There is a lot of better choices in its price range of $900. Seeing as how the LTD is considerably cheaper, and a solid performer, I would probably get that. Its more than $200 for nearly the same features as the Washburn. So I say go for the LTD.
Be cool.
The only nearby place that I can try both is at Sam Ash.
and Why the 400? pros and cons please
Can't go wrong with either. Just make sure the guitar actually fits you; you don't want a LP neck you're looking for Ibanez Wizard necks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Manimosity
The only nearby place that I can try both is at Sam Ash.
and Why the 400? pros and cons please

LTD MH-400NT

Pros:

-Set neck
-24XJ Frets
-Cheaper than Washburn
-Good construction/materials
-EMG 81/85

Cons:
-May be of lesser quality than Washburn
-Different feel than you may prefer
Be cool.
The washburn is an excellent guitar on the whole. Really nice tone and playability, however i had to get some wiring fixed in mine recently, and the tech commented on how it was some of the worst wiring he'd ever seen in a guitar. So, maybe quality control is an issue with them, but apart from that i'd really recommend it.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by Pete Griffin
The washburn is an excellent guitar on the whole. Really nice tone and playability, however i had to get some wiring fixed in mine recently, and the tech commented on how it was some of the worst wiring he'd ever seen in a guitar. So, maybe quality control is an issue with them, but apart from that i'd really recommend it.

Never been an issue with me. I've never personally had any problems with my Washburn, and I love it to bits. I haven't played this particular model, but I can recommend the company for electric guitars.
^ Well thats the only problem i've ever had with them. It was just sloppy lazy work really, like leaving far too much excess wire coming from the pickups, causing a big pop when changing between pickups. Initially it seemed like a faulty switch, but further investigations proved otherwise.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )