hey everyone. I'm just wondering if I should buy a kustom 36 coupe. I play classic rock(stones,zeppelin,cream,aerosmith etc.) and a bit of early metal.(black sabbath metallica, etc.) I also want to have a good blues sound for maybe some b.b.king or some of claptons other stuff.
I played it once and it sounded amazing for classic rock. I never really tried it for metal though so I wouldn't be able to help you there.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
I have one and its a really nice amp. The lead channel does a really good job of sabbath. And a OD or tubescreamer will make it heavier. I use the rhythm channel as a clean and with a tubescreamer does really good blues. The reverb is nice as it has a tone knob so you can have alot of reverb but its not so bright and bathtubby. The foot switch just uses a standard stereo guitar cable. And eminance makes a pretty good speaker. Also its self biasing.
Not sure of the brand of tubes never took em out. Only thing I wish it had was a true clean channel. I use the rhythm channel for cleans but you cant have a ton of signal going in or it wont stay clean. As for being loud enough Ive never used mine for gigging. And it was loud enough to keep up with a drummer the few times I had a drummer to jam with.
Yea it definatly has some bottom end. Be surprised how many different things in a old house will rattle. Good thing I live in the sticks where I can turn it up. Ive got the 1/12 they didnt have the 2/10s at the shop I got mine. But thought about getting an avatar cab later.
i think it'd be pretty cool for those tones. i liked the one i tried, just in the UK it's horribly overpriced (like, the same price in pounds as you guys pay in dollars, and one pound will generally buy you two dollars...).

traynor ycv40 or 50 would be worth a look too, no doubt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have it, only have it at 1/4 volume its friggen loud, awesome cleans, distortion is ok, but only really sounds good 1/4-1/2 volume, perfect for classic rock-hard rock, easily can do metal with my kerry king eq, i cant wait to change speaker and tubes
so, lets say compared to the fender hot rod and the rivera pubster....how would you compare it? and if not too those amps, then whats another amp aroud the same quality?
i'd rather have it than a hotrod. the hotrod's crap IMO, other than having really nice cleans. if you need any kind of versatility, though, it's next to useless.

pubster is nice. I didn't try those two head to head, and it'd be too hard to call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so would you say it's worth the price, or are there any other amps I should get instead?
there's probably a bunch. i'm not too used to US prices, that's the problem. things here which'd be way out of the budget might be well inside your budget in the US. I'd say traynor, rivera and that kustom would be a good place to start, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd base that on what kind of prices you can get for either. whichever is noticeably cheaper, i'd go for.

If they're both a similar price, then the decision is much harder, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah, from what i can remember, the kustom's overdrive channel gets more modern. that can be a positive or a negative, depending on what tone you're after. i think the kustom has a (footswitchable?) boost too, which the traynor (maybe) doesn't have.

Other than that, quite similar to be honest, they both have fendery clean channels, but with a (much) nicer overdrive channel than you'd get on, say, a hot rod series fender, both run 6L6s, etc. etc..
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, from what i can remember, the kustom's overdrive channel gets more modern. that can be a positive or a negative, depending on what tone you're after. i think the kustom has a (footswitchable?) boost too, which the traynor (maybe) doesn't have.

Other than that, quite similar to be honest, they both have fendery clean channels, but with a (much) nicer overdrive channel than you'd get on, say, a hot rod series fender, both run 6L6s, etc. etc..

I have one and i completly agree with what you said, iunno about the ycv40 but i played the traynor blue and it was pritty cool, like dave said, kustom has more gain, i thought overall they were pritty close, but the traynor sounded a bit better to my ears. The traynor at my local store was 800$ and i got my kustom 36coupe for 400$ so i cant complain
interesting. here the traynor is about £200 cheaper.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried the traynor 50 at the store today, and although I didn't get the chance to crank it, I had the it didn't seem to give me enough gain. would the kustom have more?
i haven't tried the ycv50, but i'd say the kustom would have more than the 40, at least. that probably doesn't help, though, as the 50 (allegedly) has a bit more gain than the 40...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?