I cant seem to settle on a type of music i want my band to play. Im best at playing blues. But my drummer wants to play more heavy music. Whats there to do..
settle it or find a new drummer. don't go into a band like that without agreeing on something, its just a waste of time.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Just start jamming with your band and go with the flow.
See where the music takes you. You might find something amazing...
Quote by af_the_fragile

Very good idea.

Try to come up with something experimental, different, avant-garde, whatever. It could be very promising.
Quote by af_the_fragile

What he said^^^
blues rock pwns
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
also, just listen to music you've heard well about that you never really listened to

me and a friend wanted to start a metal band, and now we are leaning towards hardcore punk because of how great we realized it was, even though this was a while ago
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Just collaborate and write songs...and then play them. I rarely find myself writing a great song and then saying to myself "wait...not my genre" and throwing it out.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I would suggest exploring whatever genres interest you. You say you are best at blues, so it seems like playing heavier music would only help you improve as an overall guitar player instead of just playing to your strengths. But in the end play to your interests and odds are you can find a like minded person.
Do classic Metal, alot og it bluesey style solos and imporivastions. Also playing these songs will also help you alot mkaybe learning and the techniques of metal soloing, which may be of some help to your alround playing skills. Although i would go with any extremem metal because it dosen't normally have the same bluesy feel
Sabbath, Paul Gilbert. Stuff like that :p

If you don't want to play it and you can't make a decision together, quit it
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Don't just do the same thing someone else has done. The blues may be a great genre, but there's really no point in playing it unless you're actually covering the greats. If you're doing your own music then try to mix it up a little. If your drummer wants to do something heavy then try mixing it up and give the blues a heavier feel. Come up with your own sound, and don't worry about what genre you're trying to emulate.
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/