I'm going to order off musiciansfriend here in a few mins so I need a quick answer.

What can I use to clean a Rosewood fretboard and polish it. Is it smarter to get something made for guitars or is there a household item that does it well?

Also, what are some decent acoustic guitar strings, I just got mine back from a friend for like over a year heh.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
My friend got strings called Elixers(sp?) and i really like them. You can slide so well with them
Hello
I use Kyser Lem-Oil and an old t-shirt to clean my rosewood fretboards. Note that you should only use lemon oil on your rosewood fretboard once or twice a year.

For acoustic strings, alloy matters more than brand, unless you're getting something like Elixers. I use Martin, D'Addario, or Elixers, usually in brighter voiced alloys.
Hi, I'm Peter
Lemon oil is your friend for the fretboard. As for the strings I would also go with Elixers like the other guy said.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Alrighty thanks guys!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Elixers are excellent. They turned my junky acoustic guitar I bought off ebay into an excellent sounding one.
Ehhh I didn't realize how many kinds there could be.. What would you recommend?

Edit; for strings

mm Polyweb?

I used to use Elixir Nanowebs on my acoustic, and I have sets of Nanoweb Mediums on my electrics right now. Pretty awesome strings - stay in tune well, and keep their feel a lot longer than other strings I've tried.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard