I ordered a Carvin V3, it got put on backorder and i just cancled. I went to the gc looking for cabs and BOOM i saw it, it was sent from God, a kramer Explorer w/ emgs, and best of al it was Lefty. So i immeditly played it and took it to the counter, there goes $500 i guess!! But now i dont have a amp at all so i cant play my Kramer lol

Not sure what to get, i have around 1k to spend. I might be able to get a V3 used and a cheap cab but not sure so here i am if i can't

I play a lot of Metal, classic rock, alt, and i like DECENT, doesnt have to be Fender cleans.

THANKS
I would stick with the V3 and just wait tbh.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
mmm...valveking212 can get pretty heavy not sure about a crunch classic rock tone....but before you got the kramer what guitar where you using?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
ok Yng, I might do that.

I played a VK112 for a while i liked it a bit and it is only like $299. But i see a lot of people having problems with them.
Quote by jimmy666page666
ok Yng, I might do that.

I played a VK112 for a while i liked it a bit and it is only like $299. But i see a lot of people having problems with them.

really? i havent heard anything about them....anyways what about a randall? they have a nice crunch to e'm aswell with the dist to them.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
just because it SS doesnt meen it's bad...randalls are great; there are tube randalls aswell.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
but if you dont want a randall or valveking then i suggest you getting a 5150 combo
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Anyone else think i should get a used v3 head (for about $700-$750) and save for a good cab like a Avatar or a Vader. I can just admire my Kramer and play acoustic i guess

edit : im anti 5150
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by jimmy666page666
Anyone else think i should get a used v3 head (for about $700-$750) and save for a good cab like a Avatar or a Vader. I can just admire my Kramer and play acoustic i guess

edit : im anti 5150

alright you think the valveking is unreliable and your anti5150 what about a used jsx combo or head?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Yeah im probally gonna do that. Ive never seen a JSX where i live if i do i will sure play it i hear good thing.
yeah I would honestly say your best choices are a v3, MkIV or F-30/50
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia