Ok for some reason my other computer has been having problems connecting to the web for about a month. Its not the connection line because it works with this computer fine. So im running a virus scan right now to see if somethings wrong. Last time i did this i discovered a trojan virus and a worm so i got rid of them quickly. Is there anything that you guys think is the problem?

Thanks
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by bendystraw
not enough information.

What else do you need to know?
If it's important i'm running Windows ME
Quote by csn00b
Quote by dark&broken
it could be so many things. first though check the cable. i know it sounds stupid but lots of people overlook crap like that.

Dude im using the same cable on this computer and its working fine.
Quote by csn00b
So it's the computer itself that's the problem. Have a look at your network card configs or maybe it's the network card itself.

Also check your firewall if you have one.
do you know if its not connecting at all or if your browser just isnt working? maybe you fiddled with proxy settings or something
how would i go about checking these things?
sorry im not really savvy when it comes to fixing computers...
Quote by csn00b
To be honest i havent even gone into my network settings or control panel at all so i dont see how i couldve messed something up. All i've done is run the virus scan. The only thing i did was move the connection line in my room from one side to the other. Other than that nothings been touched.
Quote by csn00b