E*D*I*T*E*D

The installation went fine, no problems or errors or anything. I start the game and I get the cool little splash picture, screen goes black like on most games at the start, but then I get kicked back to my desktop

I took took another looksy at the box and realized that when I bought it I didn't pay attention to the "See left for details" portion of the graphic card requirements. It says I need a "DirectX 9.0c compatible" and then on the *left* it says "Video card must be AGP or PCIexpress, have 128 MB or more memory, have support for Pixel Shader 2.0, and one of the following chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater; ATI Radeon 9500 or greater."

I venture into my display settings and discover that I have a: NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX. I don't know if this falls into the "or greater" category or not. I have 64mb of video memory, which I know doesn't meet the requirements...

I come to you UG computer genuises to ask is there ANY possible way I can get this game to work without buying a new graphic card? I'm willing to do pretty much anything as long as I don't have to spend more money. Allocating memory, maybe?

Thanks in advance.

EdIt:

So I realize that it may work on my old work laptop

It says is has an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500, which I know doesn't meet the requirements, again... but maybe there's a way to make it work.

I pop the disk in again, it installs fine, open it, and... I CAN WATCH THE INTRODUCTION MOVIE!!!!!!!!! Plays great!!!

But when it's over...

Same thing happens as described above. I also noticed I can't skip the movie no matter what I press.

Co'mon, UG genuises! How can we make it work? Allocating memory, low game graphic settings with high display settings...?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by halfback_712 at Jan 28, 2008,
No. Even if it did technically run, you'd have like .3 frames per second and it would be unplayable. Sorry .
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Last edited by Wayward_Son at Jan 27, 2008,
I wasn't sure if the editing itself would bump this up, but it didn't apear to, so...

Bump.
NNo, absolutely NO chance of running it.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.