Does anyone have any experience with getting in trouble for skipping school. I know it varies for each state.

Did you ever get sent to juvenille court or anything? What was the punishment?

any help would be nice.
i used to get ear infections a lot so i would miss school. one time i had 5 unexcused and had to got to some kind of meeting. i got six months probation(not real probation just had to not miss school at all for 6 months) and had to have my teachers fill out a form every week saying i was in all my classes. was bull **** because i didn't skip, but that was a long time ago
Here in Washington, if you have obviously too many unexcused absences (like 10 or more in a month) in a truancy officer will come talk to you and find out why you haven't been going. If you continue to get unexcused absences, they'll send you to a meeting with a judge. She'll court-order you to go to school and has the choice, whether it be the first meeting or if you skip more after that, to send you to juvi for 1 to 15 days, depending on the severity of your absences and how polite and cooperative you were.
I have some experience with that BS, and yes you can get sent to Juvenille Court because of it.

Here's the story. Ok, so during the warmer seasons I always get these real bad migranes (Excuse if misspelled) and I mean like I would get to where I couldn't even talk or where the wrong words came out, for example I said " Mouse to The House" when I was trying to say "I need to go to the emergency room". Pretty ****** up if you ask me.

Well anyways I missed alot of school and got sent to court. The judge was a major ass, and made my mom stay in jail for 5 days, and some hours of Community service when we had all the papers from going to the doctor, and what was wrong with me.

My mom at the time had to take care of my grandpa, Bed Ridden, and that was hard on her, and it was hard for her to wake up in the mornings, so we missed the first court.

The judge didn't have any symphony at all, and now I'm being Homeschooled, not doing any of the ****, because its so ******* gay, so I'm probaly going to flunk this grade.

The best advice I can give you is to not be an ***hole torward the judge, and try to go to school as many days as you can.

P.S. I didn't skip any school days and I kept my grades up, I'm glad I slashed the *******'s tires hahaha.

Good Luck.
Jackson JS30RR
Epiphone Flying-V, Goth Series
B.C Rich Warlock
Line 6 Half - Stack Combo

They never put me on any probation or sent me to juvi though.
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Quote by Gibson_Player93
for example I said " Mouse to The House" when I was trying to say "I need to go to the emergency room".

I'm sorry but......haha
Hahaha, I don't care. I mean its pretty fn funny now. lol
Jackson JS30RR
B.C Rich Warlock

Quote by Gibson_Player93
I have some experience with that BS, and yes you can get sent to Juvenille Court because of it.

Here's the story. Ok, so during the warmer seasons I always get these real bad migranes (Excuse if misspelled) and I mean like I would get to where I couldn't even talk or where the wrong words came out, for example I said " Mouse to The House" when I was trying to say "I need to go to the emergency room". Pretty ****** up if you ask me.

Well anyways I missed alot of school and got sent to court. The judge was a major ass, and made my mom stay in jail for 5 days, and some hours of Community service when we had all the papers from going to the doctor, and what was wrong with me.

My mom at the time had to take care of my grandpa, Bed Ridden, and that was hard on her, and it was hard for her to wake up in the mornings, so we missed the first court.

The judge didn't have any symphony at all, and now I'm being Homeschooled, not doing any of the ****, because its so ******* gay, so I'm probaly going to flunk this grade.

The best advice I can give you is to not be an ***hole torward the judge, and try to go to school as many days as you can.

P.S. I didn't skip any school days and I kept my grades up, I'm glad I slashed the *******'s tires hahaha.

Good Luck.

I've never heard of a judicial system becoming involved in a school matter.
I personally don't skip too many classes, but some of my friends that almost never go have only received in-school suspensions.
Quote by tylerishot
I've never heard of a judicial system becoming involved in a school matter.
I personally don't skip too many classes, but some of my friends that almost never go have only received in-school suspensions.

Same here, and I have friends that have missed more than 40 days out of a year (unexcused) and not even had anything happen to them at all, not even with the high school. I'm assuming this is different depending on where you live.
i've heard that they basically just slap you on the wrists and tell you to go to school more. they don't really take legal action. maybe community service or probation at most, but anything beyond that would just be negating the whole idea anyway.
I skip about 5 times a week, with 5 periods in a day. Never got in trouble
You get sent to the school counsellor who talks to you and they call your parents. It's nothing major, there's wont be any legal action.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by Arthur Curry
you canadians and your lenient everything.

Yeah. Fixed.
Quote by Arthur Curry
you canadians and your lenient school systems.

Best damn country in the world
Back in high school, I never skipped classes.

I was even sent back home because I'd go to school even when I was really damn sick. My parents didn't want me to go, but they were off to work early so I could sneak out and go to school anyway.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Back in high school, I never skipped classes.

I was even sent back home because I'd go to school even when I was really damn sick. My parents didn't want me to go, but they were off to work early so I could sneak out and go to school anyway.

Same. I really hate missing school for some reason.
yeah I've gone off on self-motivated field trips plenty of times. I got sent to the principals once, but that's becuase my own dad bitched me out. Didn't live it down for weeks.

Frankly I only skip if there's not much going on in the class or if I'm doing quite well in the class. I only went to about half my english classes and got about 78%, not to mention the easy exam.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
well ive missed something like 25 days and were only llowded to miss 10. And i was only sic about 3 of those days.

So i think im gonna play the depression card. Then i can get all of them excused.

Cha Ching!!!!
Well,they will never get me because their too fat and lazy.

I ran from them, walked away from them...a number of times, i miss those days.

My friend got picked up on his birthday though. And well the only kids that actually get picked up are morons who shouldn't be cutting in the first place.

heres a tip kids...DON'T RUN FROM THEM...Walk away.

Plus Truancy stops after 12 : 30 pm but they like to abuse that.