this is weird. i have been playing guitar for almost 5 years for
at least 30 mins a day, yet i've never had callouses. also, i play
with .11's. is this strange or has this happened to anyone else?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
well, at the beginning you should have had some callousing, but now that you're so far into it its not that crazy.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
I've been playing for 6 years use .10s no calluses either. The skin on the tip of my fingers keep ripping because of my bending.... kinda gross. During the summer I played at least 5-6 hours a day, sometimes more, still nothing.
Do you even know what a callous is? Because I'm betting if you've been playing for 5 years with 11's you do have them and maybe just don't realize it. Otherwise that is weird.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Im sure you have some callousing. They probably just arent as obvious as most. I cant even tell I have callouses on my left hand until I poke then with like a needle and compare it to my other hand.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Never had callouses either from playing electric, from playing acoustic though yeah.
well i got callouses early because i learned how to play guitar on a steel string acoustic.
Quote by Op3th
Do you even know what a callous is? Because I'm betting if you've been playing for 5 years with 11's you do have them and maybe just don't realize it. Otherwise that is weird.

well, i've only been playing with .11's for about 4-5 months. but i played .10's for
a few years then .09's from the beginning. and yes, i know what a callouse is.
i don't experience any pain playing either and no ripped skin or anything. and i
don't have rough hands either. that's why i'm so confused by it.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
callouses are caused by playing on blistered fingers. you only get blistered fingers if ur strings are rusty.
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
Quote by Battery.
callouses are caused by playing on blistered fingers. you only get blistered fingers if ur strings are rusty.

well i don't think i've ever had rusty strings. i change my strings
quite often so that probably explains it. thanks.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
false. drummers get callouses too.
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
your probably do callouses just soften up after awhile, your skin is still as durable though.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
your probably do callouses just soften up after awhile, your skin is still as durable though.

but i've never had callouses EVER. not even when i first started.
i've gotten callouses on my palms from using shovels for a long
time and stuff, but never on my finger tips from guitar.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by deathbat831

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Callouses are formed as a protective layer against the tension you keep putting on your finger tips. It doesn't matter if your strings are rusty or not...I suggest you poke your finger with a needle or something and if it doesn't hurt, then you have callouses. You wouldn't be able to tell I have them either except for the fact that I can play guitar and poke them without them hurting.

Lol, all you guys saying you have tough skin on your finger tips: those are callouses! If you can play for over 30min without your fingers hurting you have callouses. I think you guys are confused...
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I had callouses but they peeled off when I slowed down how often I play guitar. That and constant hot soap water made my hands soft again.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Quote by Op3th
Callouses are formed as a protective layer against the tension you keep putting on your finger tips. It doesn't matter if your strings are rusty or not...I suggest you poke your finger with a needle or something and if it doesn't hurt, then you have callouses. You wouldn't be able to tell I have them either except for the fact that I can play guitar and poke them without them hurting.

Lol, all you guys saying you have tough skin on your finger tips: those are callouses! If you can play for over 30min without your fingers hurting you have callouses. I think you guys are confused...

thats what I was trying to say, if you think you never had them you probably just got it at a younger age from doing something else and weren't aware of it.
I have sick callouses on both hands, I used to play lefty long ago and they're still there... I played with .12s then and now