Hey gang, I've been having what is I'm pretty sure a common problem. Nearly every time I go to play my electric guitar I'm picking up radio stations on my amp. I had thought that this was due to my crappy guitar cable. So I went and bought a shielded cable. However, I'm still getting radio signals coming through my amp. So here's my question, is there any other reason why this might be happening, and if so what can I do about it?
Thanks in advance.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
pick ups? some are so strong they can pick up whale songs.

but seriously, it could be the proximity to the transmitting station, it could actually be your pick ups, or something else we just dont know.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I hear about this problem alot but other than shielding and grounding your guitar real well I have yet to hear a fix for it really...

is the amp still picking up radio when the guitar is not plugged in?
if so you need to shield the pickups with copper tape and solder them all to ground.

http://www.mcmaster.com/ item 76555A711 should work well.
its a tough product to get wire and solder onto so be sure your have fairly good soldering skills.
Try something simple like moving your amp to a different place in your room or to a different room all together. I used to get a radio signal through my old starter amp, but it had to be in just the right spot to do it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
maybe shield your room with copper tape or shielding paint???

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^That's a good solution. Paint your whole house with shielding paint. That'll solve all your problems with unwanted (and even wanted) radio signals.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
yea. but you can't use wireless stuff can u? lol.

but if you make a big room with sound proofing, no flourescent lights, shielding paint you'll have a super silent insane sound quality room all to yourself.

expect $100,000.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'd be willing to sacrifice the use of all things wireless. No more cell phones, radios, etc. But you wont hear unwanted junk coming through amp. The super silent insane sound quality room would be awesome, though.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^it's called a quality studio with no recording equipment.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah, that great room would be useless if you couldn't afford to put any gear inside. But i think maybe we've hijacked this thread with useless spam. Sorry, TS.....

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
this not useless at all. he can use this info to make his quality room to play guitar without hum.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Toshay....

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
lol was this a little bit too far? i needa work on my EE homework. driving me nuts with these crazy circuits. with only a current source and lots of resistors.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard