Don't throw me down right away because I said it is amazing, it's just my personal opinion... take a listen then throw me down if you like

I have spent a long time working on this piece as I wanted it to turn out right...

www.myspace.com/foundyesterday

www.foundyesterdaymusic.com/Stay%20Final.mp3

Let me know, and I really appreciate some replies on this one, as I worked really hard.

Thanks in advance!
man i love your stuff, even though i never listen to this kind of music, the emotion you put into it is great! great singing and instrumentation. the chorus was very powerful and memorable. i liked the build ups with the little violin part, very tasteful, the first transition felt strange, idk if you messed up or soemthing, didnt seem to all come in at the same time. the ssecond chorus is just as strong as the first, even stronger, nicely done. overall very emotional piece, i love the over dubbing of the background vocals and everythign seemed to blend very nice, aweome job!

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771990
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Thanks for the crits.. As for the last crit - I wasn't trying to make this the most unique piece that anyone has ever done - I am just trying to write music I like... And everything I do in my songs is because I like to do it that way... so the "go" that was cheesy to you - I'm sorry you feel that way....
Ok, first of all, the production quality is incredible. That's definitely a plus.. Secondly, the piano is gorgeous throughout the entire song and when the drums really kick in for the first time around the 1:05 mark, it makes me smile haha Overall, though, I'm going to have echo scottss7 and say that to me it's not exactly anything groundbreaking.. It is good. Don't get me wrong.. But I've listened to a lot of your other stuff as well and it's all very much alike: piano/acoustic songs that lyrically beat the hell out of the make-up/break-up theme. It's definitely been done before. That's just my opinion, of course, but branching out and trying something a little different both musically and lyrically would probably do wonders for you..
Hello again! Still throwing out the tunes weekly then, eh?

I really liked this! It definetly stands out from all your other stuff, as it seems a bit progressive, and it actually builds up and falls back down again, in a style I've never heard in your songs before (And I've listened to a fair few). The only thing I can reall find that's negative is that it seems a bit random in the way it's set out...like alot of the song seems to consist of unfinished instrument parts, but that's just me. Wasn't a fan of the back up vocals either.

Hope you can use this to help improve the song =]
Thanks man, I appreciate the helpfull advice.. I hope you can elaborate a bit on the unfinished instrument parts... That's okay if you don't like the backup - I feel like my vocals are (with each song) getting worse ... and I can't put my finger to the problem....

Hope you comment back
Joey
Quote by ovdojoey
Thanks man, I appreciate the helpfull advice.. I hope you can elaborate a bit on the unfinished instrument parts... That's okay if you don't like the backup - I feel like my vocals are (with each song) getting worse ... and I can't put my finger to the problem....

Hope you comment back
Joey

Hm...Have you tried EQing your vocals with a bit more treble? It could be the extra boost they need.

As for the instrument parts, it's mostly the guitar that seems to drift in and out of the mix at different points...perhaps something that stays throughout the song?

Also, I'm curious: Do you play live? It's just that some of your songs seem pretty complicated to replicate live. I'm in a 4 member band and we have a hard enough time, and we only use one or two synth lines max >_<
Ahh yes I do try some EQ'ing but more is always bette... and I see the guitar... well it is a complex song and the guitar is only in there for a tid bit during the interlude...
And yes but live is just acoustic... some songs are difficult to replicate if they don't have a solid track - aka this one... other than the piano
Very cool song, I like it. Gets kind of weird and fuzzy at some points, but for the most part, it's pretty cool.
Aperture Science: For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.