Heres the situation.

My current rig is suffering from AC hum (I think). Here is the weird part.

EVERY cable in the signal path is a monster rock cable.

All Devices are plugged into a Power Conditioner.

I run a Super C Hush In front of the amp.

My Single Chain is as follows.

PRS Custom 24 w/ EMG's > Rocktron Super C Hush > Marshall JVM > (FX Send) BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i > DBX 15-band EQ > Electro Harmonix Small Stone > Electro Harmonix tremelo > Boss Giga Delay > (FX Return) > 2 Randall Titan Cabs.

The problem comes when I have my amp on the High Gain Channel AND have my noise gate active. There is no change in Tone or gate performance, however the resting background noise (Distortion hum) of the amp goes up dramaticly. On the clean channel everything is fine. Now There is always a little bit of background hum on a high gain amp to being with, however ANY device I run through the front of the amp including the noise gate takes the HUM and makes it a lot louder.

I cant take out the noise gate front the front of the amp because of huge feedback. I cant seem to figure out a solution to this problem.

Remember this isnt a feedback issue, just Resting noise and hum.

Any thoughts?
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
which power conditioner is it? some are merely just outlet strips, so that may be your problem
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
In furman. It was only 80 bucks though. That might be it but Im not sure...
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
No. No ground lift. Mabey I should get one??
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
This is gonna sound stupid, but what other high voltage or possibly hum creating electronics devices are around you? Also, are you facing the amp and/or rack?
Nah. Thats not stupid. I thought of that. I stand at least 15 away. I guess I could try moving thing to the other side of the room perhapes. But there isnt anything else near my rig.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
The problem is most likely in the placement of the super C, as there really isn't any high-gain noise to kill in front of the amp. Move it to the end of the chain right before the signal goes back into the effects return. Also, I would start troubleshooting by removing all outboard gear and running direct to the amp first to see if noise is present without any effects. If all is well at that point, start adding effects one by one to see if any problems come up.
There used to be a light in my house that drove my amp crazy with hum whenever it was turned on; try messing around with that.
Quote by TwoString
The problem is most likely in the placement of the super C, as there really isn't any high-gain noise to kill in front of the amp. Move it to the end of the chain right before the signal goes back into the effects return.

What I was going to say.

Don't you need to have the noise suppressor at the end of the signal chain to in order to cancel the hum? It's pretty useless where it is as far as I can tell...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
As mentioned start with one pedal at a time till you find the culprit.
Quote by Ubershall404
I cant take out the noise gate front the front of the amp because of huge feedback. I cant seem to figure out a solution to this problem.

Remember this isnt a feedback issue, just Resting noise and hum.

Any thoughts?
OK, so you can't normally take out the noise gate because of feedback. But if you take it out with the guitar volume at zero is there still hum?
Quote by fly135
OK, so you can't normally take out the noise gate because of feedback. But if you take it out with the guitar volume at zero is there still hum?

Thats correct. If there is NO device going into the front of the amp, everything is great. The problem comes when ever There is something going into the front. It does the same thing with an overdrive pedal aswell. not just the noise gate. ANY device into the front causes this problem.

For high volume, a noise gate needs to be in the front of an amp, it doesnt close at the end of the FX loop. At least with my rig. To answer that question.

Really its any device.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
My experience wiht monster rock are they are very quiet.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12