I really want your opinion, but just don't be hurting ...

I play on a Jackson like this (Plus a seymour duncan at the back, we say bridge?):

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900012585

And I have a Vox amp like this:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/daseries/da15.asp

So, from what you know personnaly (I haven't been playing for very long), this is crap right? I really don't like the tone I get, the sound is not satisfying at all...

What would be better, changing the amp or the guitar first? Thanks...
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
AMP By far! but first what tone are you looking for? blues? metal? ac/dc?. whats your price range!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
pretty good for a beginner's setup tbh.
Upgrade your amp before guitar.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You've got fine beginner gear. I also started on a Vox DA15. It is a good amp for what it is -- an inexpensive digital modelling amp that can introduce you to different sounds and effects.

After a year of play, though, I changed the amp to a tube amp and it dramatically improved the tone and playing dynamics. So I recommend upgrading the amp before the guitar -- your guitar will probably do you just fine for a while, and changing to a tube amp in time will make your beginner guitar sound waaay better.
Quote by DiMeTiMe

Depends what he wants to play. Personally I can't stand VK's, flat cleans and terrible OD as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming he wants metal, considering his current guitar. If it's metal, and he has the budget, this is better : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

Of course, there are other viable alternatives for less, and the VK would be a step up from what he's got. Just about
I agree with what Don Humpador (lol) posted but I must say the VK's cleans aren't that bad. Just depends, mine was extremely touchy to what guitar and cable I was using.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Yeah, I'm also not down with all the Valveking Love that goes around on here

I played one and found them to be overrated
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Get a new amp first. Not the Valve King. It's a good price, but compared to other tube amps i sounds somewhat flat and lifeless. If you want metal, you can find a Peavey XXX combo for a little more, mine was $450 used.
Go for an amp first unless you absolutely hate how your guitar feels. But before any educated suggestions can be made, we'll need your location, your budget, and your style of music.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
from what ive heard i think the options for cheapish tube amps are epi vj, fender blues jr, valveking 112, ac15 and the classic 30.

ive only heard the ac15 and valveking but i think while the ac15 isnt versitile it sounds better to me than the valveking.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jan 28, 2008,
Quote by Don_Humpador
Depends what he wants to play. Personally I can't stand VK's, flat cleans and terrible OD as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming he wants metal, considering his current guitar. If it's metal, and he has the budget, this is better : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

Of course, there are other viable alternatives for less, and the VK would be a step up from what he's got. Just about

Wurd.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The Valveking with a tube change is much better. Distortion sounds very good now. That would add another $80.00 to the price however. I bought mine in like new contition for 320.00 and invested in new tubes which brought the total to $400.00.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Well it really doesn't matter seeing that YOU don't like your tone, so there is need for change. Get a new amp. Maybe a Epiphone Valve Jr. or something.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Epi Valve, with a cheap EQ and dirt box would actually be a good idea.

You can find an Epi Valve halfstack for like $225, get a $30 Dano EQ, and pretty much any good dirt box for $150 or less, and you have a rig that's probably better than a stock VK.
It might just be me, but I had a Jackson similar to that, a DXMG, and it sounded HORRIBLE through my Vox, so I got rid of it and kept my SG which sounded 20x better.

But, I'd suggest getting a new amp, and then maybe changing out the pickups if you like the guitar. I actually noticed a huge difference in the sound of my SG after I traded out the pickups for EMGs, and I still only had the vox at the time. Maybe it was just the "EMG" HZs in my Jackson that sounded eh, but whatever it was, it wasn't half as pleasing to the ear after I put real EMGs in my SG.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com