I went to the dentist yesterday... I hadn't been for a long time and I found out I need 8 fillings. I've never had any fillings before, and I just found out they are £40 (each?) and that's just for small ones!

I hear there is a maximum price you can pay for NHS dentist treatment here in the UK and it's something like £190. Does anyone know anything about it?

I have to go twice as they can't do all 8 in one go. I hope it's all covered under this maximum price thing.
well if u do it in two trips that only 160 each time... thats probly why they want u to do two trips
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
I've found some dentists are more prone to drill usage than others. I visited a dentist once, not my usual one, who said that since I had a "soft" spot in one of my molars that he wanted to drill because it "could" become a cavity later on. Needless to say, I did not return to his office, and I am still cavity free at the age of 22.
dude dental work is maaaad expensive. i had braces when i was younger, it was in the thousands, just to stick some wires in my mouth. well now i got perfect teeth so its all good haha
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
BLAH I want to spend money on a new guitar not fill holes in my teeth!

Nobody in the UK with some experience in this matter?
Too bad for you for going to the NHS. You'll be back in 2 years once the cheap mercury they use starts to break down.
Quote by jimmiew
well if u do it in two trips that only 160 each time... thats probly why they want u to do two trips

It doesn't work that way. There's a single payment, even if it takes more than one trip, as long as it's completed within a four month period or so.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It doesn't work that way. There's a single payment, even if it takes more than one trip, as long as it's completed within a four month period or so.

That's still damn expensive, is there no way you can get it actually free?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That's still damn expensive, is there no way you can get it actually free?

It might be free if you get it done by a trainee nurse or something, for training purposes. They offered that to my parents when my brother needed braces, they decided against it though.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
It might be free if you get it done by a trainee nurse or something, for training purposes. They offered that to my parents when my brother needed braces, they decided against it though.

Some lady in training changed the wire for my braces once. She had no idea what she was doing. She poked and prodded with that pointy little wire and it hurt like hell. She almost clipped my tongue with the thing they use to cut the wires.
Quote by -February-Star-

I meant is there some form you can fill in. I thought the NHS was supposed to be free.

It's free if you're on JSA but they mess you about loads in the hope you'll give up and just pay. But I'm a student, I can't get jobseekers, but I also can't afford to pay £8 per prescription and £15 for just a consultation at the dentists, followed by the possibility of £40 of work =/
The problem is I don't actually have any problems with these apparent 8 holes in my teeth. They are sensitive when I eat or drink something cold but it's very little pain and I can easily put up with it for the sake of £200!

I may consider cancelling it and going back when I've settled into my new job and have some spare cash.
i was at the dentist today, teeth still fine!

and i got my check up free cause im still un full time education
does that not also count for fillings and the like?
Top lel.