I looked at the ultimate gear sticky and considered one of these modeling amps: Line6 Flextone III or Vox Valvetronix AD120 VT. It seems that the Line6 has more amps, cabs, and effects, therefore, resulting in more tonal possibilities (more fun to play around with), but which one sounds better (accuracy of modelling, effects quality, general tone, etc.)?
Quote by stradivari310
no
no
no
*facepalm*
modeling... bad....

Why?

Can someone please answer the original question?
Quote by stradivari310
no
no
no
*facepalm*
modeling... bad....

Wrong. Low end modeling like the spider...bad. Flextones and vettas are very good, but at that price you can get a nice tube amp so IMO there is no reason to get a higer end modeller unless you really need versatility.
Lol I need the versatility. Tight budget and I play many genres. Need I say more? Also, I think I'll go with the Line6 because of better support (software updates for amp, downloadable tones), and it has a community where people share tones over the net. Vox lacks this.
The vox actually has a site at valvetronix.net where there are settings and stuff for that series amp. How much money do you have, because you can get something very versatile that isn't a modeler that would have better tone if you have $600-700.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
The vox actually has a site at valvetronix.net where there are settings and stuff for that series amp. How much money do you have, because you can get something very versatile that isn't a modeler that would have better tone if you have $600-700.

My budget is about that much. How about $850
WIth that much money you could get a Line 6 Spider Valve. I didn't really like it when I tried it, but you might like the progamability of it and that it is tube for the most part. The Mesa F-50 is a really versatile amp that is discontinued but you can pick them up used for around $700. If you save up a bit you can get a Mesa Mark IV which is better than the F-50. Same versatility with a little more gain and just a better overall tone IMO.