im trying to figure out a plan for the gear im going to get this summer,
and im having trouble figuring out a guitar and amp.
i figured it would be better to put it in the guitar forum though.

so anyways,
i used to play a lot of classic rock, and kind of softer stuff.
but im really starting to get into heavier music.
not exactly metal, but as far as guitar goes, its a lot heavier than i used to play.

kind of like this:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=61202651&MyToken=e272b655-efe9-4092-bde2-947a4984800e
listen to un mundo al reves and thats what i mean.

i was looking at a peavey 6505 or maybe a marshall. (jcm series? or maybe jvm?)
im a little worried about how versatile the peavey would be though.

im not sure about a guitar. a few months ago i really wanted a les paul, but i changed my mind.

so does anyone have any suggestions about guitars?
im not exactly on a budget, because im looking for something that i wont need to upgrade from or change later.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
ok..now does anyone else have a helpful response?
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Yes. The Peavey is a great amp, if you get the chance to try one, I suggest doing so. I personally love them, but to all his own. No matter what, of those amps you've listed, you're getting one seriously great amp, very good for the kind of music you play, and if you keep on the path to heaviness, both will work great for that too. As for guitars, you have a few options. You can look at your Gibson LP Standard or classic, or and SG Standard or Supreme. There are also top end Fender Strats if you don't want the 'buckers you get with the Gibson's (and if you want singles and buckers, you can get an HSS strat). Those are the generic answers. However, the much better solution in my opinion if money is no option, is to get something custom made to fit exactly what you want. Carvin is a great place to do this since all their guitars have customizable options, and even then they aren't that expensive, but you get exactly what you want in your guitar. If you don't want to go the custom route, then PRS is your next best bet, These things are beautiful, and sound AMAZING and the playability is almost unmatched. These will be amazing for the music types you listed above, and if you do choose to get heavier, they can handle it (though for really heavy stuff a PU change wouldn't hurt). Hope this helps, it's a lot but you said money was no issue, so I tried to cover all angles.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
Yes. The Peavey is a great amp, if you get the chance to try one, I suggest doing so. I personally love them, but to all his own. No matter what, of those amps you've listed, you're getting one seriously great amp, very good for the kind of music you play, and if you keep on the path to heaviness, both will work great for that too. As for guitars, you have a few options. You can look at your Gibson LP Standard or classic, or and SG Standard or Supreme. There are also top end Fender Strats if you don't want the 'buckers you get with the Gibson's (and if you want singles and buckers, you can get an HSS strat). Those are the generic answers. However, the much better solution in my opinion if money is no option, is to get something custom made to fit exactly what you want. Carvin is a great place to do this since all their guitars have customizable options, and even then they aren't that expensive, but you get exactly what you want in your guitar. If you don't want to go the custom route, then PRS is your next best bet, These things are beautiful, and sound AMAZING and the playability is almost unmatched. These will be amazing for the music types you listed above, and if you do choose to get heavier, they can handle it (though for really heavy stuff a PU change wouldn't hurt). Hope this helps, it's a lot but you said money was no issue, so I tried to cover all angles.

i was considering a PRS or Carvin actually.

i looked into ESPs too, but i dont think thats what i need.

thanks a ton for the help.

any other suggestions?
Quote by nt1440
Quote by onemanarmy9

i think my main concern is whether the 6505 will be able to handle lower gain in case i ever choose to go back to that.
Quote by nt1440