bluegrass
14 5%
classical
36 13%
punk/ska
47 17%
jazz
33 12%
others (reggae or anything else i missed)
64 24%
Voters: 270.
Page 1 of 2
k im making a poll for this too but...
whats everyone's favorite genre to play, i was just thinking about it and i wanna know what the most popular one on here is

im mostly blues and a little rock

and u can have more than one answer in the poll

edit
keep in mind these are really broad genres
and feel free to post pics of your favorite guitarists or instrumentalists
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
Last edited by sLaShRoCks1314 at Jan 27, 2008,
i can tell you right now it's metal or hardcore or whatever the fuck they're calling it these days.
it's gonna be metal, there are waaaaaaay too many metalheads on UG, although i'm more of a rock/hard rock guy.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Metal, Classical, Rock for me...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
yeah i was thinking that with the metal thing im hopin for a lot of bluesguitarists too
and im predicting a lot of rock too, thats where almost everyone starts
R.I.P JIMI

I'm rock and blues mostly, but I like to dabble in metal, folk, bluegrass, and classical.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Prog.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Prog is not a genre, god damn it, it's a way of writing.

Anyway, other.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Metal, specifically death metal because I enjoy my right arm being in pain all day everyday~
Punk and ska shouldn't be together, they're completely different genres.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I play most likely hard rock/metal stuff...anything really, though, I like blues and some softer stuff too.
But most popular genre on UG's definitely gonna be the metal/harder rock stuff.
"You'd stick your head in fire if I told you that you could see Hell"- Otis, House of 1000 Corpses
I said blues, then realized you could have more. So I am Blues, Rock, Bluegrass, maybe a bit of Reggae and Punk.
Personally, I think rock and pop should be in the same category if Ska/Punk is.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Blues and Metal.

Btw Classical =/= playing random Bach melodies on your electric guitar.
ska!
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
It's going to be metal, just because everyone on UG is an ignorant metal head. Doesn't anyone get sick of the same rhythms, with endless screaming, and distorted guitar lines?
i listen to all kinds of rock and metal, but post-hardcore is probly my fave
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Quote by freshtunes
It's going to be metal, just because everyone on UG is an ignorant metal head. Doesn't anyone get sick of the same rhythms, with endless screaming, and distorted guitar lines?

No, not really.
Quote by freshtunes

/ignorance

Go fall in a ditch.
No funk?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Personally, I think rock and pop should be in the same category if Ska/Punk is.

True, but putting Ska and Punk together is a little-closed minded imho. Punk can be anything from the original British punk (Clash, Sex Pistols) to the Ramones, the hardcore movement of the 80s (Black Flag, Dead Kennedys) to new-er punk like Blink 182 and Rise Against. Ska is entirely different, like the Aquabats Reggae isn't in the poll is it? That puts reggae in the same boat as Ska/Punk.

EDIT: Ahh.. I see Reggae is with Prog and Weird Al Yankovich. My mistake.
Quote by CowboyUp
/ignorance

Go fall in a ditch.

No, I'm not ignorant. I understand there are sub genres of metal that aren't like that, but for the most part what I described is popular.
Quote by freshtunes

That's funny. Metal =/= screaming/growling and double bass kicking with drop A guitars.

Quote by freshtunes
No, I'm not ignorant. I understand there are sub genres of metal that aren't like that, but for the most part what I described is popular.

Yes, you are being ignorant. Who cares what's "popular"? I care what's good. Metal is not screaming and "rebeling against mommy and daddy".
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
That's funny. Metal =/= screaming/growling and double bass kicking with drop A guitars.

Not that there is anything wrong with Nile.
I think a lot of people have a bad view of what Classical guitar is. Some people assume anything finger-picked on a nylon-string = classical.
Quote by freshtunes
No, I'm not ignorant.

Yes you are. If you think metal is just a bunch of screaming and distorted drop tuned guitars, you haven't listened to much of it and haven't given it much of a chance. Just because a few random crappy bands are...crappy, it does not mean you can lump the whole genre in with them. Not to mention throwing around the term "closed minded metal heads" as though we listen to nothing else.
Ska actually didn't mix with punk until the 70s but was around since the 50s. Putting ska and punk together is ignorant.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Sibbhat
Not that there is anything wrong with Nile.

No, there's not. But I hate how people generalize ALL metal as growling, super fast indecipherable nonsense (not that Nile is). Iron Maiden sounds nothing like Pantera, yet both are metal.
yeah sorry i messed it up a little bit with leaving funk out which i actually almost put in but if its not listed on there jsut click other
R.I.P JIMI

The word ignorant is greatly overused in this thread, makes me sad ;-;
Quote by The Madcap
I think a lot of people have a bad view of what Classical guitar is. Some people assume anything finger-picked on a nylon-string = classical.

Not to mention guys who think that sweep picking arpeggios or playing random Bach melodies on their electric guitar is playing classical.
Quote by freshtunes

Do you get tired of being an ignorant "musician"?......A musician should appreciate all styles of music and not be reduced to saying childish things like that...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Did nobody else choose all of them just for fun?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Rock and Blues
Quote by darkstar2466
Heart attack due to cocaine use at an old age. You'll live long, but you'll die just like old Thunderfingers.
It would be awesome to die like my hero, thanks!

Quote by stanleybach
You are going to make a lot of people in this thread very happy.

oh damn
Where is industrial? that makes me a sad monkey....anyhoo ya that's other then
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Blues and Metal. Mostly I just mess around and play prog rock kinda stuff.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Page 1 of 2