Okay, well, I was playing this morning at church and it was working perfectly fine, then I guess after I let my friend play it, I bought it home, the neck pickup had extreamely low volume. The bridge pickup sounds like usual/normal, but the neck you can barely heard out of it now. >_< I went to GC and the guy said it's was just too low, and he fixed it. He told me, I just had to raise it a little by tightening the screws. As stupid as I was, I forgot to try it back at GC, then I come home and it's still the same..

What's wrong with my neck pickup? Do I have to replace it?
Last edited by timsterII at Jan 27, 2008,
Pickups themselves rarely break. Is it a humbucker? If its a humbucker, there is the REMOTE chance one of the leads on the pickup broke or a coil shorted out. More likely though is somewhere a solder joint broke. Check your electronics cavity.
Quote by CJRocker
Pickups themselves rarely break. Is it a humbucker? If its a humbucker, there is the REMOTE chance one of the leads on the pickup broke or a coil shorted out. More likely though is somewhere a solder joint broke. Check your electronics cavity.

Yes, it is a humbucker, um..could you tell me how to get in to that thing? xD I'm a guitar newb...
Quote by timsterII
Yes, it is a humbucker, um..could you tell me how to get in to that thing? xD I'm a guitar newb...

Your Les Paul should have an electronics cavity cover. Remove it and look around for any disconnected wires. If there are none, cover it back and remove the cover over the pickup switch. If all looks good, it could also be the possibility that the switch is not working correctly, in which case shoot it with some contact cleaner.
Quote by CJRocker
Your Les Paul should have an electronics cavity cover. Remove it and look around for any disconnected wires. If there are none, cover it back and remove the cover over the pickup switch. If all looks good, it could also be the possibility that the switch is not working correctly, in which case shoot it with some contact cleaner.

Ooh, that thing. I've checked it, everything's in place. >_< I'm afraid I might break the guitar if I shoot it with contact solution..
Quote by timsterII
Ooh, that thing. I've checked it, everything's in place. >_< I'm afraid I might break the guitar if I shoot it with contact solution..

Just put it in where the contacts are on the switch. You won't break it, just don't get it on the finish.
Quote by CJRocker
Just put it in where the contacts are on the switch. You won't break it, just don't get it on the finish.

Mm'kay..Any other methods?