Hey, I'm planning on offloading my Les Paul sometime pretty soon so I can get a Fender Telecaster, and obviously I will be sending the new owner the guitar by post but I'm not sure how to go about packing it safely. It will be coming with a Gibson deluxe gigbag as standard but I'm not sure that's enough protection for it so I'm wondering how more experienced sellers pack their guitars before posting. Plus, is it a good idea to take out insurance? And, who is the best service to send it via in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in a Epiphone '57 reissue LP Junior or an EHX Little Big Muff, PM me and it could be yours.
Wrap it in bubble wrap I believe? Add some tissue paper around the ends that seem to be fragile, I think you're suppose to loosen the strings or something.
loosen up the strings will cause uneven pressure for the neck, when the guitar is in travel the temperature inside the package will become very cold.
Quote by kckyle
loosen up the strings will cause uneven pressure for the neck, when the guitar is in travel the temperature inside the package will become very cold.

I don't quite understand - should I loosen the strings?