Does anyone here worship The Mars Volta, Joe Satriani, or Paul Gilbert?

If so, send me a friend request, UG thinks my profile is only "20% awesome", since I lack friends
Good bands, but a thread begging for friend requests to bump your profile % is definitely lame sauce.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
16% complete is better.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Lame indeed

Most of my guitar-playing friends either dont play much, or have yet to discover the wonderful world of forums
try 12% complete. bitches.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Hey you! Get back in the gear section!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i dig the mars volta. not so much the other two. and by, 'not so much' i mean i hate them.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
The Mars Volta=amazing

The others are great, but the Volta will always hold a special place in my heart.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
Quote by civildp1
i dig the mars volta. not so much the other two. and by, 'not so much' i mean i hate them.

your opinion is as important as the crap that gets flushed down the toilet
Weirdly enough, the new Mars Volta album has a song that's insanely similar to one off of Omar's solo album Se Dice...except it's faster.
Quote by sk8rMeTaLhEaD27

you keep some of it too?
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Dallen_007
The Mars Volta=amazing

The others are great, but the Volta will always hold a special place in my heart.
Yeah Volta is a band I always end up defending no matter what. Pretty creative band. They kinda sucked when they opened for RHCP, but i'd see them again if they headlined.
the mars volta is the ****!
love em to death
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
I actually hate mars volta, but satch and paul gilbert and gods of guitar for sure. And no i will not add you.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
John Petrucci, Marty Friedman, and Jason Becker blow the Mars Volta to Mars, Satriani to the aliens, and Paul Gilbert to Spaceship one.
I worship the mars volta.
Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.
Quote by sk8rMeTaLhEaD27

I'm sorry, I just don't like the l33t ShReddzarZ.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by symphonyX99
John Petrucci, Marty Friedman, and Jason Becker blow the Mars Volta to Mars, Satriani to the aliens, and Paul Gilbert to Spaceship one.

that is total bs. You are a shred noob and deserve to be deprived of food.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
i literally worship satch and paul, and of course steve vai, you can't leave him out
mars volta is my religion.

omar cedric are my gods.

i cant express how much i love them anyother way.

by FAR my favourite band.

i would go as far to say im one the biggest mars volta fans in existence.

that band is my life
Quote by TJM2482
Weirdly enough, the new Mars Volta album has a song that's insanely similar to one off of Omar's solo album Se Dice...except it's faster.

also, yeah , the song GOLIATH off there new album is a re-done, voltarised version
of rapid fire tollbooth.

it wasnt like he was running out of riffs, and used it in two different songs,
just he re-did tollbooth, he did a re-worked cover of his solo stuff
It sounds a bit desperate Threadstarter.

I love the Mars Volta. I hate shredders, i respect them and their hard-earned ability but the music they play is self-indulgent repetitive **** and guitar alone gets boring after 5 minutes. PLus the rhythm section is completely forgotten.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by maca-venagas
mars volta is my religion.

omar cedric are my gods.

i cant express how much i love them anyother way.

by FAR my favourite band.

i would go as far to say im one the biggest mars volta fans in existence.

that band is my life

I bet dating you must be an amazing experience.

..Girls tell me to shut up about music, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I bet dating you must be an amazing experience.

..Girls tell me to shut up about music, too.

its a plus for me!!!

most girls think its a awesome that im so obbsessd with them, plus i look like cedric and omar (depends on my hair that day)
Well I love TMV, but Satch and Gilbert don't do anything for me. Good players, but not really creative or fun to listen to.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
I worshid Herman Ri and the other dude who has been playing for two years
Quote by symphonyX99
Petrucci is lifeless for the most part besides his solo album. Marty's tone is disgusting, and Becker is even more lifeless than Petrucci.

Satriani and Paul Gilbert are THE two best instrumental rock guitarists. They're the only ones that aren't marginally boring.