As title says, what do u think would be the best guitar for Metal /Rock(metallica, then RHCP,Iron Maiden)
Is epiphone SG good as well? the G-400? Is that good for metal? it's only $299.
What guitar do u think is awesome for metal
Used Jackson Professional of some kind, or perhaps a used Ibanez RG550/570
Schecter Gryphon is pretty good for it's money. 2HB that can be split to get close to a single coil sound. 24 frets, mahogany body, flame maple top.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Something that is HSS will be versatile enough to do metal and RCHP. A strat might work but I dont know about how metal the humbucker in it can get. A use Ibanez S470 might be something to look for. Vey nice guitars.

+2
Quote by eXperiment63
Schecter Gryphon is pretty good for it's money. 2HB that can be split to get close to a single coil sound. 24 frets, mahogany body, flame maple top.

+1
play all the SGs and hss strats you possibly can in your price range

i got lucky with my epiphone SG
it plays like a dream, makes a great metal guitar along with just plain rock. it's not very contemporary, but with a heavier string gauge, it gets a great jazz tone.

BUT some SGs i've played in various stores, be it epiphone or even GIBSON!, just SUCK BALLS TO THE EXTREME.
epiphone and squier are weird companies, some of their products sound like complete utter ****, but a select few in every store sound and play great.

you should just go try it all out.