pretty good.
The pickups are kind of unmusical though. Muddy and undefined.
But, half of all humbucker guitars are like that anyways, no offence to humbucker players.
I guess i'm just used to strats.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
awful, go with the standard, it will be worth the extra cash
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Well yeah, if you have the cash, go for a standard.
But, if you're on a low budget, the lp100 is a great choice. It sounds like a paul, and plays pretty well for a guitar it's price.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^agreed, but most people i find hate the way it sounds (I like it, I still use mine for really dropped down stuff because the pickups are pretty bad, but it's fun to use them for death metal stuff in B, then they are actually decent and suited to the music, though still very muddy). If you have the cash, get something better, if not, play as many as possible and find the jem in a mass of lemons.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
for the that budget youd probably have better luck with a lesser known brand. because you'll be buying more guitar and less name.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
LP-100s are awful. There's a reason why in most countries, the Epi Studio costs more - and the Epi Studio is a really **** guitar too...

The lowest Epi Les Paul anyone should ever get is a Standard. Really though, you ought to be aiming for a Custom or better. Anything less than a Standard, is trash, plain and simple. The reasons why have been written on this forum countless times every day, if you're really interested then it's easy enough to search for the specific reasons why the 100/Studio/Special-II/Junior suck as much as they do.
The cheaper epi LPs all use the same overwound pickups. They are to hot. The guitar isnt that bad. I have a standard and a 100. The 100 is a lighter guitar and as its a bolt neck has easier upper fret access. But the QC is well I dont think they actually QC guitars at epi. There are good ones and really bad ones. I bought my 100 as a project anyways. I only have about 23 bucks in the mods on mine as I had everything else laying around the house and lots of free time to do the work. But out of the box they probably wont be very good. Definatly will need tuners as they use really cheap ones.
my brother has a one and its what got me started on guitar. personally i prefer ibanez but you cant complain about the sound of the lp 100 considering the price.