Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Not a very big difference really. What could make a difference is if it has two different speakers, like some Avatar cabs has V30/H30.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
there's another speaker.
/obvious

i would assume that 2x12 has more power/volume, but idk
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
The biggest difference is probably just in weight. A 2x12 would probably weight a bit more than it's 1x12 counterpart, all things being equal.

EDIT: ^Well, sometimes you can get the exact same amp in a 1x12 or 2x12 combo, for instance, the Ampeg Reverberocket. They are both 50 watts, and as far as i know, the exact same amp, other than the fact that one of them has an extra speaker. So there's no real power difference, just maybe more perceived volume to an extent, and more weight.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jan 27, 2008,
A 2x12 would be able to go louder, and it would be bigger and heavier.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
The biggest difference is probably just in weight. A 2x12 would probably weight a bit more than it's 1x12 counterpart, all things being equal.

lol i think he means tonewise? theres definatly a noticble difference in power/volume/bottom end
i think it would be very slightly bassier

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by gnr_axeman74
lol i think he means tonewise? theres definatly a noticble difference in power/volume/bottom end

Well, if you're comparing two different amps, there's a lot that goes into it having a different tone than how many speakers it has. I was assuming we were comparing exactly the same amps, the only difference being in the number of speakers.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
ok i was assuming it was the same amp also, hence why your comment makes no sense you said the only diff is the added weight, that added weight makes a noticble difference. Adding another speaker gives more low end, also from the added cab size. You also get added headroom from adding another speaker do you not? So you see theres more difference than just the weight....
he was saying there isn't too much of a noticeable difference, other than weight... which is a very noticeable difference.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Notice i said the biggest difference is the weight. There are going to be some other differences, but the difference between a 1x12 and a 2x12 of the same amp is probably minimal. I say all this having not A/B'd two amps in this manner, hence words like "probably" scattered throughout my posts. I doubt many people have compared two amps like this side by side, since im not sure that very many of them even exist.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
who cares about the weight if you think it sounds better? except for half stacks thats just unreasonable
It sounds larger that 1x12, more low end and fuller because it is pushing more air
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
so it would be perceiveds as louder?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
Quote by gnr_axeman74
who cares about the weight if you think it sounds better? except for half stacks thats just unreasonable

It would be nice to be able to move it?

For example: the Fender Quad Reverb might be the best sounding amp ever created, but I wouldn't want one.

It's a friggin' 4x12 combo.
Quote by Rockstar12345
so it would be perceiveds as louder?

Yes, but not at all a very bog difference. It's not like double in volume, jsuta very slight difference.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by gnr_axeman74

because it doesn't usually sound tons better. it's like dating a hot chick with a million annoying habits. just wouldn't be worth it after a while.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
so should i go 1x12?

and maybe get extension cabs?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
Yeah I would recommend that. The good thing is that when you don't need the 2x12 config, you can still use the amp by istelf.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Yeah I would recommend that. The good thing is that when you don't need the 2x12 config, you can still use the amp by istelf.

why wouldnt i need it
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
^Bedroom practicing is just one example that comes to mind. Another is recording.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jan 28, 2008,
A third is when your not in the mood to carry it around. Most people don't imagine it now, but once you have a cab, some of them can weight a lot. A 1x12 combo weights a lot already, my Rocker 30 on weights like friggin 23 kilos! And my dad's friend has a 2x12 combo and it's impossible for one person to carry it.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by mr_hankey
It would be nice to be able to move it?

For example: the Fender Quad Reverb might be the best sounding amp ever created, but I wouldn't want one.

It's a friggin' 4x12 combo.

if i was rich i would buy 6 of those and use it as a back wall of amazing-ness. Then hire Ronnie Coleman to carry them around all the time
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!