Hey so i got my first tube amp, and it sounds killlllller...but im ready to upgrade power/pre-amp tubes and the speaker...i have a kustom coupe 36 112 (2 6l6's and 4 12axl's) im looking for a bit smoother distortion, and to get more personality out of the amp. I was thinking el34's and mullard 12axl's...anyone got any reccomendations?

Also i need a smoother and warmer speaker, was thinking eminence guvnor.

I play a lot of blues and hard rock...thanks.
can u switch 6L6s with EL34s? iono. if u can, u'd need bias adjustment too. Mullard 12AX7s are okay, (notice 12AX7.) but tungsol 12AX7s are top notch and not too pricey like the mullards up there.

as for speakers, get some greenback clones maybe? the 55Hz speakers. i think.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Unless your amp was made to be interchangeable between el34s and 6L6s, it isn't quite as easy as just deciding you want to change from one to the other. Plus, the 6L6s are part of your amp's character, which you seem to love. I also suggest tung-sol 12ax7s, but if you can handle a loss in overall gain, maybe consider a 5751 in V1. It smooths out the overdrive, but you lose a good bit of gain.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
why change if your amp sounds killlllllllller though?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard