Why does every Metal song have to have a scream in the intro?

For some reason, it seems like every metal band that screams is required by law to have at least one hard long throatbuster in the intro to a song. It was cool at first, but now it's starting to get old.

Commence the flame.
uhhh......what?
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
They don't have to. You must listen to crappy metal
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
depends on what metal your talking about, a lot does and a lot doesnt, unless your talking about death metal or something
er... what metal are YOU talking about?

Iron Maiden don't have screaming in every intro, nor do Judas Priest, or Anthrax, or Pantera, or overkill, or S.O.D., or Ozzy, and that's all i can think of right now...
Quote by frigginjerk
i think what he meant to ask was: "how come the handful of bands i listen to right now all scream at the start of their hit songs?"

+1
Quote by frigginjerk
i think what he meant to ask was: "how come the handful of bands i listen to right now all scream at the start of their hit songs?"

If that is what he meant, my response would be, 'Listen to more unique bands, rather than cookie-cutter garbage.'
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
yeah I know what you mean... I can think of dozens of songs that start like that... but yeah it's hardly EVERY metal song lol.
Quote by Mecler
Death Metal guys, Death Metal.
I know Iron Maiden and Pantera don't scream.

Intro to Number of the Beast is definetly a scream. It's not a brutal scream or anything but it's definetly a scream.
WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGARGGGGGARGARGAGRRRRRRRRAGRHAGRHAGHRGAHGRAHGRAHGRAHGRAHGARGRHAGRHAGRHAGRAHGRAHGRAHRAHGRAHRGAHGRAHGARARARAGRAHGRAHGGHAGGGGGGHARGGGGGGGGGGAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I don't know what you're talking about.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
its awesome. stfu, fool.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
TS, your ignorance is of levels unbeknownst of even the most advanced beings on this planet.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jan 28, 2008,
I have no problem with it if it's just one song per album or a different, nifty sounding scream each time they do it.
Cybershark of the Maximals Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!
It would be better if you made it more specific as to what bands you're talking about.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I listen to a lot of DM and most of the ones I like don't scream for intros, generally it's instrumental to start out.
Death Metal...You mean Arch Enemy, Hellbastard, Bolt Thrower, Cryptopsy, Death, Morbid Angel, Nile, Behemoth, and other associated acts, right?

I can't think of any songs that start with screaming right off the bat. Hellish chugs and gallops, and maybe a harsh grunt, but nothing eardrum shattering...
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!