So, i have an Epiphone Explorer,

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=34&CollectionID=18

In ebony, not that it makes much of a difference...

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to put a non-fixed bridge (i.e. floyd rose etc.) on it?

I'm not particularly savvy when it comes to guitars, but because it has a floating bridge, I thought maybe changing the bridge would brings the strings too close to the body?

Either way, any answers would be helpful. If it is possible, knowing how to do it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks too anyone who can help.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
Ok, you want to put a non fixed bridge on an already floating bridge guitar? What are you trying to say? Do you have a TOM/Stop Tail Setup or a Floyd Rose? If you have a TOM/Stop tail setup you'll have to route for the FR and the nut. If you already have a locking trem on it, if its a Schaller-type copy, a real Schaller Floyd Rose should drop right in.
You will probably have to bring it to a guitar tech, as there is a lot of routing involved when going from a tune-o-matic bridge to a floating vibrato bridge.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Alright, let me state first of all, the bridge is exactly as was stock. It's fixed. No pre-existing whammy configuration. Second of all, what on earth is routing? (excuse the noob-ish-ness of that question)
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
Routing is removing wood from the body. Its pretty much permanant. It will cost close to 400 bucks to have someone do it for you and buy a bridge. Which is pretty much what the guitar cost. Its like this if you want a guitar with a wammy buy a guitar with a wammy. Its not cheap to have someone put one in a guitar for you.