Hey, I just got some new humbuckers I'm going to put into an LP copy I bought but I've never installed pickups before. Do you dudes think I should just watch a tutorial and try to do it myself or should I get a professional to do it, and how much does that usually cost?

EDIT: I checked the GG&A FAQ and couldn't find anything.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Last edited by OThugSd at Jan 28, 2008,
If you're handy with a soldering iron, go for it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
yea matching color and soldering are the skills you will need.
I say if you are not great at soldering to bring it into the shop to do it because a weak solder joint will change your tone and cause problems later down the road.

also you can overheat parts like a switch and destroy it when soldering.
Quote by moody07747
yea matching color and soldering are the skills you will need.
I say if you are not great at soldering to bring it into the shop to do it because a weak solder joint will change your tone and cause problems later down the road.

also you can overheat parts like a switch and destroy it when soldering.

actualy, switches are one of the most heat resistant components in electornics. If there were any IC's you'd need to solder then you should be worried. if you don't have to rout anything (the humbuckers fit perfectly) it wont be hard.