Poll: are you ready to die?
Poll Options
View poll results: are you ready to die?
yes
19 23%
no
63 77%
Voters: 82.
im in a blah mood and i was going to make this thread before i saw the thread about what do you think happens when we die.

so. are you ready for death? are you ready to die? if not why? and how would you like to go out? and keep in mind most people dont go out with a bang.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Am I ready for death, am I ready to die? No, I'm still young and have experienced nothing in comparison to when the end of my life should be.

How would I like to go out? Peacefully, in my sleep I suppose.

Again, god these threads are depressing as hell. As least to me today.
i look down at my hands,
like they were mirrors.
i'm not ready to die, i'm only 16. i dont think i want to get old though, i'd like to die before i'm 60. but the weird thing is, i can't picture my life at all past like 25. like i just can't picture existing as a functional adult.
thats probably normal.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
well since i am going to die someday so i believe i am ready to die at anytime all i want is to die in a very cool way LOL
Only when you are ready to die can you embrace life to it's fullest.

*OUMmmmmmm*
well, if i die right now. i would just be like, awww man. theres a few things that i wanted to do, but w/e. i won't bitch or moan about it.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I don't care if I live or if I die now. I'm gonna die anyway.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
well right know i am because i've got about a 1/3 of a bottle of whiskey in me
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
I'm not ready to die, there's still a lot of **** I want to do and accomplish, but if I could chose how I die it would be in either a very, very epic way or a very, very calm way, like, I dunno, a heart attack in my sleep or sumtin' (I heard that's about as peaceful of a death as you can have)
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Where did we come from?
Why are we here?
Where do we go when we die?
What lies beyond
And what lay before?
Is anything certain in life?

They say, life is too short,
The here and the now
And youre only given one shot
But could there be more,
Have I lived before,
Or could this be all that weve got?

If I die tomorrow
Id be allright
Because I believe
That after were gone
The spirit carries on

I used to be frightened of dying
I used to think death was the end
But that was before
Im not scared anymore
I know that my soul will transcend

I may never find all the answers
I may never understand why
I may never prove
What I know to be true
But I know that I still have to try

If I die tomorrow
Id be allright
Because I believe
That after were gone
The spirit carries on

Victoria:
Move on, be brave
Dont weep at my grave
Because I am no longer here
But please never let
Your memory of me disappear

Nicholas:
Safe in the light that surrounds me
Free of the fear and the pain
My questioning mind
Has helped me to find
The meaning in my life again
Victorias real
I finally feel
At peace with the girl in my dreams
And now that Im here
Its perfectly clear
I found out what all of this means

If I die tomorrow
Id be allright
Because I believe
That after were gone
The spirit carries on

The Spirit Carries On-Dream Theater.
Great song. Go check it out.
I thought it suited this thread perfectly
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
I got an awful lot of stuff left to experience. I don't think anybody is ever truly ready for death.
nobody is ever ready to die, and that's why life is such a bastard
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by ENIGMATIC.
Am I ready for death, am I ready to die? No, I'm still young and have experienced nothing in comparison to when the end of my life should be.

How would I like to go out? Peacefully, in my sleep I suppose.

Again, god these threads are depressing as hell. As least to me today.

i like these threads. but i am a depressing person. sigh. oh well.

i am willing to. and not willing too at the same time. i know there is more for me to do. but i feel like i dont deserve to live. than people need me cause im actually a good person and i help people. idk but that made me feel that way. then i dont care anymore. ready for it to end. all the evil. we will all die eventually. death is inevitable. just enjoy the small bits of happiness you have left. oh and i would like to die for someone. that would make me feel better so i save someone who actually deserves living. either that or kill people. (bad people) i dont think i should kill people i hate unless they really are evil/bad. cause they have friends who enjoy them. oh well when the time comes i will embrace deaths cold eternal darkness.
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
not really.

I've got too many things yet to do before i die...
I've got quite a long "to-do" list.

But it wouldn't distress me to too much if i was to die soon.
can anybody tell me what they want to do before they die?
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
Quote by matosh.lee
can anybody tell me what they want to do before they die?

Visit Portugal, Italy and Australia.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Visit Portugal, Italy and Australia.

i want to see if the band im in is successful. see children of my own. and a wife. see if skating is successful. and be happy when i grow up. and see people treat each other equal for once.
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
my life is played out like the jheri curl im ready to die

anyone who knows where thats from gets a cookie
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by Downfall929
my life is played out like the jheri curl im ready to die

anyone who knows where thats from gets a cookie

SNAP! i love cookies.....

search search search....

jheri curls are a bad type of hairstyle. but i dont know if its worse than a rat tail. wheres my cookie?
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
Quote by matosh.lee
SNAP! i love cookies.....

search search search....

jheri curls are a bad type of hairstyle. but i dont know if its worse than a rat tail. wheres my cookie?

nope, you really didnt search well
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by Downfall929
nope, you really didnt search well

damit dmait damit!!! where is that from?
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
I wouldn't say I'm ready to die.

I want to get out and make a difference in the world before I die. If I die without changing some lives, I think it'll have been a life wasted.
I'd have to say I'm ready to die. I've kinda gotten to the point over the last few years where physical attachments aren't really a big deal. I mean sure, I would like to be able to say that I would miss my friends and family...but I'll be dead. Besides, it would be interesting to finally find out who was right about that whole afterlife thing.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
what if you just rot? and you cant tell anyone about your death. then your mind slowly fades away with every good and bad memory of life. then knowing trillions have suffered this fate and trillions more will. then you see maggots eating you. slowly. you dont feel anything until your dead. then they get in your brain. and you randomly see slithering maggots going to and fro your head.
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
Quote by matosh.lee
what if you just rot? and you cant tell anyone about your death. then your mind slowly fades away with every good and bad memory of life. then knowing trillions have suffered this fate and trillions more will. then you see maggots eating you. slowly. you dont feel anything until your dead. then they get in your brain. and you randomly see slithering maggots going to and fro your head.

That makes no sense though. Sure, you can throw out whatever scenario you want, but all it comes down to is this: cognition stops at death. IE-when you die, you are no longer a part of your body. Whether or not some ethereal portion lives on is debatable, but it would be physically impossible for you to be aware of your rotting in a personal sense. Sure, if the soul exists you may be able to watch your physical body decay, but since the connection between you and your senses ends at death, it wouldn't be any different than watching an apple turn brown. And of course, if there is no soul, it doesn't matter either way since you would cease to exist.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
well at least somebody thought that through. yeah. but still it would have more meaning if so cause its your own body. and it wouldnt affect everyone. but ehh. life seems just as pointless as death
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
I'm not ready to die, I've got a lot left to do/experience

However I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the world ending, I actually was discussing this in my philosophy class the other day, if everyone and everything was gone it would really be a pretty neutral thing, nobody is left to be sad, happy, or care at all, it's like everything just stopped, it doesn't matter.
i'm completely ready for death. the way i see it, there's really nothing amazing you can do while you're alive, so it doesn't matter if you live to be 80 or 20. if i was about to die however, i would want like a few minutes to think about everything i wanted to mentally tie up before i went.

then there's the idea that if i were about to die, i would think it a shame that i didn't like do something crazy like go get a bunch of people together to play music or start a band, or go audition for berklee or something, maybe write a book, because it wouldn't matter then if something weird happened. but of course, what's stopping us now? the fact that we'd have to live with the memories of our failure? memories are as useless and irrelevant as a meter-long ruler with american measurements. of course no one does anything cool with their lives regardless of whether or not they see this.