I swear that this is a line from a movie, or something, but I can't figure it out. It is so vague, so I really doubt that I'm going to ever find it, if it exists at all. But does anyone happen to know this line?

I swore it was from the movie Magnolia, but the line is actually "This happens. This is something that happens." Maybe I just made up "These Things Just Happen" but yeah.

Anyone got any clue?

The reason I ask, is because I've used it for a piece of art (God, that sounds pretentious) that I made because I like the way it sounds, but it may just bug the hell out of me unless I can figure it out.
It's from Magnolia, John C. Reilly says that when it starts raining frogs.
Hmm, maybe it is in Magnolia and I've just gone stupid.

Hmm, no this is what I was thinking of.

...and it is in the humble opinion of this
narrator that this is not just "Something
That Happened." This cannot be "One of those
things..." This, please, cannot be that.
And for what I would like to say, I can't.
This Was Not Just A Matter Of Chance.

Anyway, here is a phone picture of the 'piece' which will really be a series. I can't scan it, as the ink hasn't dried. And in any case, I'm still in love with my idea.

Oh, ignore my first post, I misunderstood, I'm pretty positive that's what the narrator says following the bit about the hanging of the three men, the scuba diver and the kid getting shot as he flies out the window. I'm gonna put in the film right now and I'll let you know if that's it.

Edit:

Yeah, that's where it's from.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Jan 28, 2008,
"It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World"

Or something like that.

"Mrs. Marcus: Now what kind of an attitude is that, these things happen? They only happen because this whole country is just full of people, who when these things happen, they just say these things happen, and that's why they happen! We gotta have control of what happens to us. "

I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's the bell that it rang for me.
And I mean that in the best possible way.