ok the next amp I get maybe the last untill i move out so I've been looking hard, and the amps that have caught my eye are the 5150/6505 and the 5150 III.
Now my favorite band is of course...Van Halen. Also I'll note that I'm building an original Frankenstein(black and white, always liked it better) copy to stand out in the local scene seeing as so many people have bought Les Pauls and people judge you on your Guitars here for some un godly reason. So my question to you guys is even though I like the tone these amps give me (I've tried both fortunatly) am I just attracted to these amps because I am a fan or should I trust my feelings on these amps?
umm what? dont care what people think. but the setup you have is what a LOT of people have.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Peaveys always sound sick. Judge it on what YOU like, not what EVH used to use. And **** the local scene, do what you want with your fiddle.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
Peaveys always sound sick. Judge it on what YOU like, not what EVH used to use. And **** the local scene, do what you want with your fiddle.

yeah I know I know but its also to just help get famous and the fact that i want to build a guitar. I'm lucky enough right now that money isn't an object and I can afford either...but I need to know if you think that my reason towards wanting these amps is because of EVH as well.
Well even though it's the band that drove you to look at those amps, you did still say you liked the tone didn't you? It's not like you love the band and you hate the amps, so there isn't really a problem here.
Go with what u feel...but do ur research, as in reviews. Oh and Les pauls are infact good guitars
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660