Ok, this is another what guitar thread. I'm having a huge problem finding the guitar I want! I cant decide if i want a 6 string or a 12 string(Has to be an acoustic). I don't really want it to have a cutaway or any electronics, none of that acoustic electric bull! These are a few of the brands that I would really like it to be.
Lowden
Larrivee
Taylor
I cant decide what I want. I'm probably going to spend $1500ish, maybe more if it is really badass. So if you guys could give me some input on a guitar that would be great. ive been looking forever, but I want just about all the guitars i see.
Go for a Taylor. Clapton uses 'em.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
get a martin, breedlove, or seagull. you could get like 3 seagulls for that price, or 2 breedloves. the martin will probably be best though.

don't get a 12 string just to have it, the repair costs, string cost, lack of selection, tuning annoyingness, and difficulty to play might not be worth and tone or volume advantage. depends on your playing style, you'll know if you like them once you try it.

and be sure to play them, acoustics are tricky in their uniqueness as two of the same model can be totally different.

and dno't knock A/E guitars.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Last edited by rhakiath at Jan 28, 2008,
Get a 9 string acoustic. The perfect compromise between a 6 string and a 12 string.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
no one knows what type of music you play, and know one can know you or your preferences as good as you do, whatever it is make sure you're happy with it at the end of the day

"get a taylor because clapton plays them" is ridiculous, get what fits you based on sound and feel, who cares what they play, i've never owned a martin, but the singer in my band has one that he threw 2 grand on, and I have had plenty of time wiht it, nice wood but I thought it was extremley over rated, heh, the nicest thing about it was the case it came in......... thats my personal thought, im not saying taylors suck, I'm just saying it didn't exactly grab my interest.

aside from those bands you listed, If you had a lower price range i'd suggest a gretch, but for the dough you are looking to spend I HIGHLY recomend checking out Guild acoustics, the dreadnaughts are pretty nice, as are the valencias and aragons
try asking in the acoustic guitar forum. the pit is for topics that are not covered by all of the other forums.
from daylight...
...into darkness