I was gonna have a lot more money to spend on a guitar but my Jackson completely broke and I need a guitar now. I have $700 to spend and I am open to anything with EMGs or Blackouts. I am also open to 7 string or Baritones, but I have no need for a 12 string. My amp(5150) doesn't need any upgrading so don't worry about that, but I have $700 to spend on a guitar I need a.s.a.p. The shape doesn't make a difference to me either, I've played Warriors, LPs, and V's so thats that.

And please no bolt on necks, I can't stand the things. Neck through would be perfect but if not, set necks with minimal heels would be fine as well.

Suggest please!

I've had my eye on the C-1 Hellraiser, C-1 Blackjack ATX, and LTD V-500.
I love my Schecter Hellraiser... got mine for $400 on eBay... I'd definitely recommend it. Check eBay for Schecters... you'll get a great deal. The black cherry finish on the Hellraiser is stunning... If you go new, the Hellraisers now have an EMG 89 in the neck rather than an 85. I'm not a big fan of the EMG85... the EMG81 sounds great though... very chunky and sounds awesome downtuned. I want to trade my 85 for a 60 sometime.

The Hellraiser is set neck and no heel... works great for solos that are way down on the neck... the neck is finished. Thought I'd mention this because some people don't like finished necks. I'm a huge fan of the neck... I'd describe it as being between the thickness of an Ibanez and a Fender. I like having a nice piece of lumber in my hands, not a thin piece of wood for shredding.
Last edited by SuperSnake2012 at Jan 28, 2008,
if you don't need a trem, check out the LTD EC series. they're shaped like LPs but have thinner necks and sound killer
i would have suggested the Hellraiser but i see you know what your doing.
EDIT:you might be able to get a seven string from schecter at around that price if you look hard enough
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
Last edited by starwars at Jan 28, 2008,
I'd rather not have to deal with a trem, its just been a pain for me in the past unless its an OFR.

Seems that a lot of people like the Hellraiser. How does it compare to its Blackjack ATX brother that has blackouts?

Edit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C7-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515766 Is a 7 String version of the C-1 Blackjack ATX that also comes with blackouts.
*nods.
points to sig.*

i paid 550. fr is more expensive and so is the black cherry finish on ebay... but it looks so good...
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
check out the Ibanez XPT700 on musician's friend, its a radical looking guitar.

Or just any Ibanez in general, I've never been disappointed and its easy to find one with any features you want.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
it is an original floyd btw
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by tasty licks
it is an original floyd btw

Sounds awesome, I'll look into that then.

I don't mind the looks of the Xiphos, but I really need actives and a trem I'm used to.
Quote by FRDesign
C1 Hellraiser, LTD EX400, Ibanez RG1570, Jackson RR3, KE3, WRMG

Not a fan of the licensed trems on any of those Jacksons. I've played the EX-400 and I didn't like the feel of the set neck, the heel was a bit too big for my taste.

Still eyeing that Hellraiser though. Its what I'll be looking at I think.