Has anyone ever played a Carvin V3?
sounds like a bitchin' deal, 899-999 for a 3 channel head that ranges from clean, to low gain overdrive, to high gain distortion.

everything i've heard so far sounds good, does anybody have any negatives i should look out for?

i'm thinking about ordering this amp and getting a 2x12 soon. its gonna be my first halfstack! I've been playing for almost 3 years now and i believe that i'm ready for my first stack, especially since i;m getting serious with my band and all.

this amp seems to cover all the ground i could ask for musically, and i can always return it with carvin's 14 day policy.
what do you guys think?
Quarterstack, you mean. Heh.

I hear that they arn't quite as heartily built as Engl's and the like, but it's $900. Past that, I think you've found quite an amp.
Oh, it's built just fine. It just lacks the masterful boutique construction of a Engl or Bogner or something. The build quality is just average, while most of the other features are steller, or impressive.
I've heard the CarvinV3 is a jack of all trades, it does nothing extremely well, but can do everything nicely.
WTLTL 2011
still waiting for mine to come in
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by parkerfly123
Has anyone ever played a Carvin V3?
sounds like a bitchin' deal, 899-999 for a 3 channel head that ranges from clean, to low gain overdrive, to high gain distortion.

everything i've heard so far sounds good, does anybody have any negatives i should look out for?

i'm thinking about ordering this amp and getting a 2x12 soon. its gonna be my first halfstack! I've been playing for almost 3 years now and i believe that i'm ready for my first stack, especially since i;m getting serious with my band and all.

this amp seems to cover all the ground i could ask for musically, and i can always return it with carvin's 14 day policy.
what do you guys think?

best value amp out there i love mine. it can do everything great but if you want Br00talz levels of gain you will need an additional pedal. It presumes its owners know about guitar tone so just offers the right amount of gain.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Oh, it's built just fine. It just lacks the masterful boutique construction of a Engl or Bogner or something. The build quality is just average, while most of the other features are steller, or impressive.

Engl has a masterful boutique construction? The entire amp is one huge computer chip.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
engl amps are christmas decorations :P
those things light up like hell
i do however like the tone of the powerball, but cant afford one

i just need a good base of a head to build my own tone upon
and i dont need a crazy amount of gain, just gotta dial in some stuff right and i'm sure the sound will be fine

either way, i still have 14 days to return :P
Get one its the ****. Read my review of it, and you will buy it. Its a bitching amp man, better than anything i have played. (I have played quite a few amps)