I'm having a load of trouble with swep picking.... i can decend like a f**kin' dream. i have no problem going down in an arpeggio, it's the ascending that gets me. I just can't seem to ascend properly... i can't seem to just let it drop.when i do, it's more like rhythmic down picking... it's not one smooth motion... more like 1,2,3,4 instead of one clean sweep. Here's the thing: when i try the Frank Gambale scale sweeping excercises, it's the easiest thing in the world. so is sweeping three strings, alternate picking 2 additional notes into the arpeggio, and then continuing the sweep. i just can't seem to cleanly ascend up past 3 string mark. sweeping six strings down(upstroke, to avoid confusion), cake, sweeping three strings up(downstroke) no prob, but the rest of the strings are troublsome. any tips?
dude i understand your problem
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
when i use sweeps, 9 times out of ten i use some connecting notes

e-------------------13-17-13------------
b---------------15------------15--------
g-----------14-------------------14------
d-------15-------------------------15---
a-13-17--------------------------------17-
e--------------------------------------------Repeat  

if you get comfortable with your connections notes all you have to do it just get in the right mindset tascend/descend.
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
i am trying to learn the key of arpeggios, and i was wondering if this is the proper tab for the e maj arpeggio

--------------------------7---12---7-----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------4-----------------4-------------------------------------------------------------
------------------5-------------------------5---------------------------------------------------------
--------------4---------------------------------4-----------------------------------------------------
----------2-----------------------------------------2-------------------------------------------------
--4---7------------------------------------------------7--4------------------------------------------
The Angel