Has a 6 string bass got one higher and one lower string?
such as
BEADGC? or BEADGB?
or does it have to higher/lower?
SHE walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
the tuning for a normal six string bass is BEADGC, so yeah, they've got one higher and one lower of a 4 string bass
member of the Australia FTW! group (pm the random hero or alter bridge to join (aussies only)
6 string standard is BEADGC.

Damn, was beaten to it. XD
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Ok thanks, by why is the first string a C when that string on a 7 string electric is B?
Last edited by nudge at Jan 28, 2008,
Quote by nudge
Ok thanks, by why is the first string a C when that string on a normal electric is B?

I'd guess that's because you've got two higher strings on a standard guitar, also, guitar is more chord based than bass.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by nudge
Ok thanks, by why is the first string a C when that string on a normal electric is B?

5th fret on the g-string (yes I said it: g-string) is a C, the guitarist are just to stupid to tune their guitars right .

They can solo, but tune a guitar???
Quote by neo_evil
5th fret on the g-string (yes I said it: g-string) is a C, the guitarist are just to stupid to tune their guitars right .

They can solo, but tune a guitar???

We can also solo. It is just harder pull off.

On a guitar, all the strings are seperated by a 4th, apart from the B and G strings, which are seperated by a major 3rd (a semi-tone less).

All bass strings are seperated by a 4th. When 5 strings witha high string came into fruitition, I can only assume people found it easier to have a high C, which keeps the same patters accross the fretboard.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
We can also solo. It is just harder pull off.

On a guitar, all the strings are seperated by a 4th, apart from the B and G strings, which are seperated by a major 3rd (a semi-tone less).

All bass strings are seperated by a 4th. When 5 strings witha high string came into fruitition, I can only assume people found it easier to have a high C, which keeps the same patters accross the fretboard.

I know we can solo, just meant that a guitarist might "learn" how to tune a guitar before going to the next level
Yeah, guitarists have it that way because it makes chord formations work so much better (so I've heard, I don't really know) and since basses don't generally utilize widespread chrodal positions it's much simpler to keep it all in 4ths.
Quote by nudge

Sorry, what exactly is a normal electric? What's so abnormal about bass?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Jiimy
Why post this?

Because one of my biggest pet peeves is when people call guitars "normal", especially on the bass forum. It's annoying.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Jiimy
But it is a normal guitar, I dunno...I haven't had my coffee yet.

But a normal guitar (aka a GUITAR) is strung EADGBE, not BEADGB... anyway, you get what I was saying.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
But a normal guitar (aka a GUITAR) is strung EADGBE, not BEADGB... anyway, you get what I was saying.

Lol oops, i just wrote that cause i have an abnormal electric
a 7 string
Quote by nudge
Lol oops, i just wrote that cause i have an abnormal electric
a 7 string

Ah, well there you go. There's a lot of people asking "can I run a bass through a normal amp" all the time and it's maddening!
Quote by Cody_Grey102