im building a distortion pedal at the minute and have pretty much all the parts.
all i need is the actual board part of the circuit board.
does anyone know what the proper name of this is called and if it matters what type i need to use for a simple circuit board.
Um, you can call it circuit board, perf board, proto-board, etc. For a simple circuit, just get a prototype board that has tin-ringed holes.