Hi all,

I get my Xmas pay on Thursday, so I intend to dash down to GAK on Saturday and pick up a brand new Ibanez S470. However, I've found out that there are a few versions of it. For example, I went on Ibanez' website last night and not only have they redone the site, but the guitar now has oval-shaped inlays, whereas the original I looked at has S-shaped inlays.
Mainly, I've heard about changes to the ZR trem and Zero Point System. Can someone run through the different versions of the S470, and how I can spot them? I want to know if I'm getting the best possible guitar,as this will be my first SuperStrat .

Thanks in advance,
Rob Johnson

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
Hi all,

I get my Xmas pay on Thursday, so I intend to dash down to GAK on Saturday and pick up a brand new Ibanez S470. However, I've found out that there are a few versions of it. For example, I went on Ibanez' website last night and not only have they redone the site, but the guitar now has oval-shaped inlays, whereas the original I looked at has S-shaped inlays.
Mainly, I've heard about changes to the ZR trem and Zero Point System. Can someone run through the different versions of the S470, and how I can spot them? I want to know if I'm getting the best possible guitar,as this will be my first SuperStrat .

Thanks in advance,
Rob Johnson

You don't have to worry about it.

The chances of finding a new S so soon after NAMM aren't that great.

The only S version you should watch out for are the older ones from years back, before the ZR was introduced, but these are easily spotted. Besides, I highly doubt them having any of those, anyway.

When I say watch out for, I don't mean they're automatically crap, but you should make sure what trem it has, basically.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!