I was watching tombstone last night and what struck me was that the film was really good yet the actors who are in it always seemed very very average to me.

For exmaple Val Kilmer, Kurt Russel, Bill pullman/Paxton (the one from Titanic and Twister) always seemed distinctly mediocre but somehow the film rocked!

What other films did you think were amazing despite the handicap of having relatively **** actors in it?
View Askew Movies, although the actors progressed throughout them all.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Phantom Of The Opera had some crap actors in it, but the leads were pretty good. It's probably my favourite film. Theres heaps out there but I can't think of them right now.
a good director changes everything, like when Robert DeNiro worked with Martin Scorsese for all those films, now I don't know what his doing (De Niro)

or like Brad Pitt with David Fincher films (Fight Club, Seven)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by agreth_3rd
i watched tombstone last night as well. how can you say val kilmer was mediocre? he made the movie in my opinion.

No i agree with you, Val kilmer was amazing in the film, what im saying is he pretty ****e in almost everything else. Did you see Batman Forever!
Quote by paul_brownell
No i agree with you, Val kilmer was amazing in the film, what im saying is he pretty ****e in almost everything else. Did you see Batman Forever!
Batman Forever is a horrible example. Joel Schumacher completely pissed all over Batman with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. The latter of which was arguably one of the worst movies ever made. A lot of people like to blame Kilmer and Clooney for not living up to Keaton (well Clooney is a good example of an actor that can't act ... no matter what he's in he's Clooney ... talk about one dimensional) but it was really Schumacher who was trying to push the franchise back to the campy 60's tv show only both movies failed on every level. The scripts were horrible. The humour he tried to push in was pure cheese and the constant use of cartoonish neon lights killed the atmosphere and mood.

Kilmer has done a lot of great roles. Like his portrayal of Jim Morrison in The Doors.
Quote by paul_brownell

i don't know, i thought he was pretty amazing as jim morrison in the doors (oliver stone)
Bill and Ted is a classic example. Keanu Reeves is the WORST actor, but that film was awesome
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by agreth_3rd
i don't know, i thought he was pretty amazing as jim morrison in the doors (oliver stone)

Heat is a pretty good film too
Val Kilmer made Tombstone dude.

"You're so drunk you're probably seeing double."

VK: "Yeah, well I've got two guns...one for the both of ya."
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Aftertime
a good director changes everything, like when Robert DeNiro worked with Martin Scorsese for all those films, now I don't know what his doing (De Niro)

Have you ever even seen Robert DeNiro act?