i play guitar now for something like a year. i own a ephiphone standard and a marshall MG15dfx that already includes some effects.
i think i`m ready now to explore some new sound so i´m thinking about buying an effect pedal. but i really don`t know what would make sense for me.
by the way, i don`t play in a band.

could you recommend some products to me, with a little discription what they can do?

i`m a 100% noob regarding that topic. so i would really appreciate your help. thx in advance!
either get a wah, cause theyre fun to tool around with, or a boss blues driver, cause they rule
tbh i wouldnt buy a pedal, i would get a roland micro cube amp. You can pick them up for about the same price as a new boss pedal, they have lots of effects for you to play with eg:

3 clean amp sim channels
3 distortion amp sim channels
Reverb/Delay
Tremolo/Flanger/Phaser/Chorus
mic out
aux in
Optional battery power source for busking/playing outdoors

This is seriously all u need if ure just starting to experiment with different effects and the main selling point is they sound MUCH better than marshall MGs. They will do anything to the highest standard u could expect from a practice amp. Price is about 80 pounds i think (duno how much that is in dollars)
im looking at getting a zoom g1x. they are very cheap, good quality and great for begginers to effects
Quote by andrewpledger
im looking at getting a zoom g1x. they are very cheap, good quality and great for begginers to effects

i checkt the recommeded stuff on ebay. the g1x looks very promising. only something like 75 euros and a lot of effects to experiment. thanks for the hint.