G'day,

I am tossing up between getting an Epiphone Triggerman 60 or a Vox AD50VT. I am leaning more to the latter.

I have never had a decent amp before (I'm 40) and with a second child on the way am not exactly flush with cash. The two amps I've mentioned seem to be pretty good value for money. Any tips which one might be the better buy?

Cheers,
Harry
I can tell you that the Vox (I have a 15 watt version, but played the 50... damn expensive college) is a good buy. I play through my AD15 everyday, and have been for well over 6 months. It's great because you can get all the different tones and all the tones sounds pretty good. Would I gig through it? Nah... I mean, it does every tone decent, but none are spectacular. However, as a practice amp I wouldn't recommend anything else... this is a VERY good buy for the money. I've never played a Triggerman before, so can't help you there. But I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with the AD50.

Another good thing I know of about the AD series is this website gives a lot of tones people have found... so you can look up quite a few good ones and not have to screw around with it so much too:

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetronix/AD15,30,50,100%20-%20VT/VTH/model_1_date_1.html

peace and coconuts,

-zC
Quote by ZanasCross
I can tell you that the Vox (I have a 15 watt version, but played the 50... damn expensive college) is a good buy. I play through my AD15 everyday, and have been for well over 6 months. It's great because you can get all the different tones and all the tones sounds pretty good. Would I gig through it? Nah... I mean, it does every tone decent, but none are spectacular. However, as a practice amp I wouldn't recommend anything else... this is a VERY good buy for the money. I've never played a Triggerman before, so can't help you there. But I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with the AD50.

Another good thing I know of about the AD series is this website gives a lot of tones people have found... so you can look up quite a few good ones and not have to screw around with it so much too:

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetronix/AD15,30,50,100%20-%20VT/VTH/model_1_date_1.html

peace and coconuts,

-zC

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I would be playing this amp with my mates in a rehearsal studio set up, nothing live... I'm lead to believe that the 15 is loud enough not to get swallowed up and lost by the drums etc...???

Cheers,
Harry