hey guys
i own a valvetronix which has all the chorus/rev and that, so it didnt occur to me that i needed a pedal
anyways would it give me a better tone?
and whats a good pedal for metal? like for badass metallica, sabbathy riffs
budget is around 90 -150 AUS. thxx
Id say get the dunlop Double shot dist. but im not sure about the price.. really versitale pedal
MI Audio Crunch Box would be a safe bet, I'm sure you can pick them up for a decent price.
i also have a valvetronix. you CANNOT use pedals without it sounding like utter crap. its a digital amp, so you cant stack distortions on it without hiss, buzz, and mettalic tone thats TERRIBLE. believe me, ive tried. youd be better off saving for a new amp or a wah pedal or something.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

haha thanks for the heads up! better off saving for a jcm half stack then get the pedals aye
You should be able to get an ok metallica or sabbath distortion out of the valvetronix on its own.
And yeah, pedals sound awful through those amps. Really dead and lifeless.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
If you want a really sweet metal pedal, get yourself an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. Its pretty versatile too. My other pedals are getting neglected since I got that one, its just too much fun to play on. I like it wayyy better than my old Metal Zone or Metal Master.
Agh. I definitely stand by what most other people have said in this thread. Putting pedals through a digital amp is a bad idea, as the pedal seriously does no justice to your tone.

Just save for a tube amp, and then spend away.
Metal Muff all the way, shouldn't sound all that bad on the Valvetronix's clean presets like "Tweed" or "Boutique Clean"
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by ray_von
boss metal zone is always a popular choice

and Lil' Jon is also very popular.

don't get the metal zone
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
You don't need much in my opinion.

Some of u might laugh at me, but the DS-1 by boss is pretty bad ass.

I play Metal, Funk, Alternative, Punk, Blues, and other **** with it. What really matters is the guitar (big thing is pickups), strings, tuning, and your play style.